EVIC console retrofit - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-02-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
So I've just finally got around to ordering one of these (from the states, with homelink and instant L/100)...
Hey, where in US did you find the evic with instant l/100k? I have a 2005 limited CRD and it has the evic built-in, but NO instant mileage button I'm thinking I'll have to buy one with it as part of the evic. Any guesses on cost?
Old 27-02-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default EVIC console retrofit

You won't get one I'm afraid. They discontinued the instant l/100 in 03 /04 and since you need to match your evic to your year model, you won't find one. Happy to be proven wrong, but once again check those links and all the info is there. eBay international sellers is your best bet for getting an evic. It doesn't have to be from a kj, just so long as the year matches.
Old 01-03-2014
Established Member

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Who says it has to be from the same year? All the Info I've read says any will work, as long as you have a premium BCM.

I just used the link to pick the model I wanted and searched ebay US. I decided to give the instant L/100 + homelink + tpms one a miss as tpms was going to be way to difficult and costly and so just went with instant L + homelink - although homelink is a bit of a gamble as I've seen nothing to confirm it will work here and iirc different rf frequencies are used for things like this in the US vs Aus. Still, it was only around $100 shipped (with a sunroof control) so thought I'd give it a go, won't be too fussed if homelink doesn't work, so long as the rest does. It was from an 01 grand ltd btw.

Also, it appears my vehicle already has the external temp sensor, has anyone else found this?

Last edited by Dissociative; 01-03-2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added model number
Old 01-03-2014
Established Member

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Come to this of it, pretty sure I read the evic must be from the same year for tpms to work. That plus the cost of the sensors and the issue of varying frequencies they operate on was what me me think it was not worth it.
Old 04-03-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks guys, looks like I'll stick with my calculator... I'm tinkering with some fuel-saving bits atm, so the instant l/100k would have been useful for reference. Not for accuracy, but for differences in fuel usage. My Torque Pro program seems to freeze after 5-10 min no matter what the settings, so it's too frustrating to use that :-/
Old 04-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 86 Times in 59 Posts

Yep mine already had the outside temp sensor, I didnt look for a EVIC that was the same year, was just looking for one that had the sunroof switch.

Regards
Daz
Old 04-03-2014
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default EVIC console retrofit

Eskymo, anything that tries to talk to the computer on the crds times out anywhere from 5 to 30 mins. Shutting down and restarting the engine will wake it up again for a time but it will keep doing it. Apparently our PCI or can bus doesn't update the obd2 port fast enough for many dongles. Wireless or USB connected devices seem to have better luck but it's still random. The guys on the lost forum are still trying to get a stable connection and I check in there every few months.
Post New Thread  Reply