fridge/freezer - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I get 3 to 4 days out of the 75ah thumper battery pack in warmer weather with the fridge set at 2 deg. I also have the cover. The 120w solar panel I have is a folding portable one that I chase the sun with when propped however even all day with an overcast sky will keep the battery topped up. In full sun it will recharge the battery in a few hours. I also have the Waeco raps charging kit in the car for charging the thumper when we are on the move.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 02-06-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

DAM just looked on the back of the solar panel I have ..............40w
mmmmmm might get a 50AH and make a wind gen with a big F$&ING crank I could get the wife to wind it over LOL OR place a alt onto a exercise bike ! YEAH that sounds better. OR a big spring loaded canon and a rope wound around a gen
might be better to just get another solar pan , ......less fun but would work
Old 03-06-2015
CrawlerStar

ok , so I bought a 50AH deep cycle batt , my panel of solar dots should keep it alive for what I need it for , the ones that they sell for the waeco are a 36AH , so I think it should be fine just the solar is the worry , as I would hate for it to take dayzz to get it up to standard , I asked the wife if she would mind cycling a alt to recharge ............. I just now had to buy her a diamond ring for saying .....
OH the PAIN the PAIN . I am going to use the two spare roof racks here to bolt the panel to them , I have a battery box with strap , and a regulator for it , ill run the wires through the under the rear clip cover for the rail of the roof rack and place TWO connectors (waterproof ones) onto the wires , the regulator I will bolt to the battery box itself , I got to wait for my chest plate to heal over before I can place the last new spring into the rear of the wj , tomorrow I will search for the bits I promised two of the forum guys to send to them (yeah its been nagging my mind ) I have a manual , I bought my waeco brand new , it even came with a drink bottle ! which my 10 year old ran off with !! ................... all I can say is I must be slowing down in my old age !! LoL
Old 03-06-2015
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Keep in mind that with the solar panels bolted to the roof you will need to park in the sun for them to work well, this also means your fridge will have to work much harder as the car will heat up, much better to park in the shade and run a lead to a portable panel in the sun.
Old 03-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
Keep in mind that with the solar panels bolted to the roof you will need to park in the sun for them to work well, this also means your fridge will have to work much harder as the car will heat up, much better to park in the shade and run a lead to a portable panel in the sun.
yep yep already thought of that , but main reason if between towns at the moment not for camping , ill get a extension for the wires for camping.
(main reason for the connectors)
Old 04-06-2015
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The reason for all the safety cutouts on the fridge is so it won't drain your battery to the point of no crank. Once it runs your battery down to a certain point the fridge will turn itself off avoiding flat battery problem.
Old 04-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbo13 View Post
The reason for all the safety cutouts on the fridge is so it won't drain your battery to the point of no crank. Once it runs your battery down to a certain point the fridge will turn itself off avoiding flat battery problem.
yes , the thing I don't want to do , as a standard battery in a car the last thing needed is to drain in the slightest way , at least with a separate deep cycle battery there it doesn't matter as much as the battery for the starting .
I just had a look around trying to find some parts I have , seems that when I was in hospital , others took the advantage ............ ill place them as missing BUT just shows just how low a life some can go , as I only sell them cheap anyway . I will have to start collecting again ,
Post New Thread  Reply