Drivers Side Legroom Grand Cherokee / Commander - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-08-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

I am 6.3 190 cm weigh 140 kg size13 shoe and the WH is one of the only car I actually fit in

I am driving a Pajero around at the moment and the seat and legroom is rubbish can't get the seat to go back far enough my left knee is hitting the dashboard

I drive with my foot under the pedal do that with the Pajero

I also own a 2005 Jaguar xj8 wait till you get in it made for midgets

At least the WH seat goes far enough back just the steering wheel does not come out far enough to make up for the seat going back had same problem with late model commodores and falcons seems the designers think if you are tall your arms must drag on the ground lol

One day I'll find a car that fits without seat modifications lol

Last edited by Doc; 25-08-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 25-08-2015
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just pull the carpet away from the front and pull the footrest out. Some glue on it but not much.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 31-08-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 127 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
Just pull the carpet away from the front and pull the footrest out. Some glue on it but not much.
I'm trying this asap. A 2 hour drive has me in agony at present, and I'm sure my wife isn't keen to do longhaul trips towing a van with her behind the wheel.
Old 31-08-2015
Full Flexer

Footrest gone!

I also removed a small piece of the under carpet insulation so the carpet would conform to the tunnel shape.

Now my size 10 work boot fits neatly beside the brake pedal, and my hips don't seem to be twisted when I sit in the typical driving position.

Next project is to see what I can do to move the brake pedal down and to the right a bit...
Old 31-08-2015
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertodonnell View Post
Next project is to see what I can do to move the brake pedal down and to the right a bit...
The US model had adjustable pedals, maybe a set from a US wreaker or eBay, don't know if the whole setup can be fitted but maybe setting/fixing them in a more appropriate position?
Old 01-09-2015
Full Flexer

The plan is to weld up the hole in the pedal arm for the brake booster pushrod, and re drill it it so the pedal is at the correct height.

Then I plan to bend the pedal arm so it's closer to the accelerater pedal. I'll measure the gap between my 540i's pedals for reference. It's a German built ergonomic masterpiece.

Sent from my D6653 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 03-09-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 53 Times in 38 Posts

I'm 6" 2 and size 11 and don't have a problem on long trips?? The heated seats help tho!!