Top 10 mods to bring from US to Oz - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-04-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

So this is what I would do. Considering that u r going to a buy a new or near new JKU (go the Rubicon if u can get one) I would buy and bring with me (I know that u have not bought yet):

1. replacement and heavier duty clutch (if manual);
2. replacement front sway bar links (quick change), tie rods, front ball joints, steering dampener etc;f & r sway bars
3. replacement shocks and springs all round;
4. 6 pack of oil filters; air filters, plugs and ignition cables (go standard replacement units... then u won't have trouble);
5. perhaps some "organisers" for the inside and outside (e.g. dash top shelf);
6. perhaps a front steel bar with brackets etc for lights

Then I would think about other things.

U can buy all these things online via Quadratec or Morris 4x4 or others direct posted from the USA to your new Oz front door. The prices will be at least half what u would pay if buying same here in Oz and that will include delivery and adjustments for $ exchange rates.

Just my 2c worth.
Old 22-04-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd man View Post
Do you know where it says that the stubby front bar is illegal? I run with one in Victoria and have heard mixed opinions about its legality.
There is no doubt that full width is required.
Old 22-04-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 138 Times in 89 Posts

Fill any spare space with ARB gear, lockers etc, and then sell them back to us when you arrive

You will make a killing, much cheaper in the states from what I hear.
Old 22-04-2016
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

USA Bullbars are only legal if it complies with design rules and may require full scale barrier testing- crash test

Vehicles fitted with an air bag or manufactured to comply with Australian Design Rule (ADR) 69 or ADR 73, can only be fitted with a bull bar which:-
• Has been certified by the vehicle manufacturer as suitable for that vehicle; or,
• Has been demonstrated by the bull bar manufacturer to not adversely affect the vehicle’s compliance with ADR 69 or ADR 73 or interfere with any critical air bag timing mechanism as the case may be.
Demonstration of compliance with ADR 69 or ADR 73 requires full scale barrier testing. Similarly demonstrating that the critical air bag timing mechanism is not affected when a bull bar is fitted may also require full scale barrier testing.
ADR 69 applies to all new model passenger cars manufactured on or after 1 July 1995.
ADR 73 applies to all new model passenger cars not exceeding 2.5 tonnes GVM, manufactured on or after 1 January 2000.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/~/me...web.ashx?la=en

Top ten:

Mud tires : Pit Bull Rockers, Nittos
Wheels : Walker Evans, American Racing
Adjustable trackbar : RHD
Suspension : Fox, King Spring, Shocks
Bumper : Some nice steel rear bumper with shackle mount, tire carrier, leds
Rockers : Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers etc
Plates and protection : EVO
Winch : Warn
Long arms
Roof rack

Bring all the heavy stuff in. The rest you can get later

Last edited by Tyvokka; 22-04-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 22-04-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 113 Times in 77 Posts

james baroud roof top tent
Old 22-04-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Do you have to pay any import taxes when importing your own stuff? I would be filling any spare space in the container with extra stuff to sell here.
Old 22-04-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 172 Times in 124 Posts

Just be aware that if you buy new and want a rubicon or a diesel there is roughly a six month wait.
You can bring me some metal cloak adjustable control arms!
Post New Thread  Reply