New to the Jeep experience - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Haha, what a shame that the suspension is too soft .

Were you looking for a Commander for a while before you settled on this one? We've been casually looking for ages, quite serious now, and there's not many out there unfortunately. At least ones that are in decent condition and fairly priced.
We had been seriously looking for about a month, we were originally looking for a Limited, but being in WA their isn't a lot of them for sale, we drove a couple, there was one around the corner in Darlington but it had had a hard life. We had looked at an anniversary model in Wanneroo are which was really nice and started us including them in the mix. It had been for sale for a while but the bloke selling wouldn't budge much on price and it had another 40k kms on it and was $4k more than this one.

The best one we looked at was in Bentley car yard but the clowns wanted $24k for it, they are down to $23k now.
Old 04-10-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovandal View Post
We had been seriously looking for about a month, we were originally looking for a Limited, but being in WA their isn't a lot of them for sale, we drove a couple, there was one around the corner in Darlington but it had had a hard life. We had looked at an anniversary model in Wanneroo are which was really nice and started us including them in the mix. It had been for sale for a while but the bloke selling wouldn't budge much on price and it had another 40k kms on it and was $4k more than this one.

The best one we looked at was in Bentley car yard but the clowns wanted $24k for it, they are down to $23k now.
Sounds like we've been looking at the same ones .

We've only been browsing for the last month looking at different vehicles in general, but pretty serious now that we know what we want.

We're looking for a Limited as well.

Yeah there’s 2 in that Bentley wholesale dealership that are very good, but very expensive. The 2009 Limited is absolutely gorgeous but has a Hemi (and no QD2), and as much as I would prefer v8 power, we don’t want the 20l/100km fuel economy that goes with it.

Was going to ask you if you’ve looked at the one in Darlington as that’s the only one we haven’t seen yet. It’s a limited, we like the colour and lowish k’s, but no sunroof and a bit expensive in my eyes. Not sure how much they'd budge. The ad says it has anew turbo and glow plugs, you said it had a hard life, what was it that stood out to you?
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 06-10-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Was going to ask you if you’ve looked at the one in Darlington as that’s the only one we haven’t seen yet. It’s a limited, we like the colour and lowish k’s, but no sunroof and a bit expensive in my eyes. Not sure how much they'd budge. The ad says it has anew turbo and glow plugs, you said it had a hard life, what was it that stood out to you?
The logbook showed the service history was sporadic, the interior was filthy, the interior was scratched, especially the dash and looked really crappy (probably a dog allowed to run around in it), a rust bubble above the tailgate (noticed this on a couple) a few marks and scratches externally.

It had spent a number of years in the Karatha and it showed.

I just thought there would be better ones for the money, shame as I liked the colour and I am sure it could be bought for less than $15k
Old 06-10-2016
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovandal View Post
The logbook showed the service history was sporadic, the interior was filthy, the interior was scratched, especially the dash and looked really crappy (probably a dog allowed to run around in it), a rust bubble above the tailgate (noticed this on a couple) a few marks and scratches externally.

It had spent a number of years in the Karatha and it showed.

I just thought there would be better ones for the money, shame as I liked the colour and I am sure it could be bought for less than $15k
Thanks, some good info there . We may still go and look at it, if it checks out mechanically and the price is fair we might be interested.
Old 06-10-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I will be selling my Commander in the new year, it has 150k on it and is a 2008 model, I'm hoping for $15k.
Old 07-10-2016
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08crd View Post
I will be selling my Commander in the new year, it has 150k on it and is a 2008 model, I'm hoping for $15k.
Sounds interesting... Only thing we want a vehicle now-ish.

We don't want to rush out and buy something, but can't wait too long either because we have a trip planned towards the end of December to Adelaide, Alice Springs, and back through the Great Central Road.. So need a vehicle in time to prep for the trip and do some shakedowns etc.
Old 09-10-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The problem is, I have to wait until my new car arrives, the scheduled arrive date is March 2017, sorry.
But with regard my Commander, it has Dynamic steel rims, to suit 265x65/17 tyres(which are standard on Prado and Pajero), these don't fit on standard Commander rims.
Also I would be willing to bet, no other Commander driver has Dynamic steel rims with centering hubs, these were precision manufactured from alluminium alloy 100mm bar, so cost heaps.
So a full set of 5 brand new Commander alloys comes with the car.
Also it has a ton of extras and hasn't been used off road.
Extras include, false floor in rear with second battery and fridge slide.
Firestone airbags in rear, 2" lift with Kings spring and Bilstien Shocks.
Redarc battery management system.
Raycor prefilter with water in fuel alarm, to notify you before it gets to the standard fuel filter.
Heaps more, but I'm over writing. lol

I don't think you would have to prep my car at all, it is all done. IMO

One last thing it is the upgrade model with the boston acoustics sound system, with six stacker MP3 head unit, fog lights and upgrade trim, including sunroof and under body armour. Also it hasn't been offroad
PM me

Last edited by 08crd; 09-10-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply