WK2 MY14 who does the best repairs on clogged intakes preferably Brisbaine Northside - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-01-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts

Every owner of a Jeep product should have JScan on their phone and
the correct type of obd2 dongle. Total cost is around $60 and it gives
you the full range of diagnostics and also the ability to preform lots of other tasks.

Old 21-01-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I do have a dongle but it didn't work very well on this model Jeep, will have to get a better one, and I have the OBD JScan and Car Scanner software
Old 21-01-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,007 Times in 2,363 Posts

I would look for a Diesel Workshop, most do DPF and EGR cleans which won't kill an engine and are experienced in getting them sorted, they don't take a week or so and the cost isn't prohibitive, trucks and machinery have the same gear and problems but cost more so they don't stuff up the job......
I'm further North so don't have any suggestions but if mine ever plays up I will be visiting my daughter on the Darling Downs and booking my rig into Diesel Care in Toowoomba.... no stuffing around with them, they get the job done....

Whoever you find if the place is clean and tidy so will the job, diesels demand a clean workspace.... if there's stuff everywhere walk away.........

Find a trusty mechanic and your rig will last forever.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 22-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Just an update, took it in to the Jeep dealer at Noosa and they charged me $484 for doing the exhaust DPFE clean, upper cylinder clean and remove carbon and gum deposits from the intake manifold as well as servicing the air conditioner filter.

I don't know how well they managed to clean the manifolds as I assume that they didn't take the manifolds off, but all the error messages are gone, and the Jeep got better fuel economy on the way home, in fact better than it had for about a year.

So all is good with it as far as I can tell.

Cheers
Ed.
Old 23-01-2021
MonsterMoose

Sounds like they did a can of Liqui Moly cleaner down the pipe, cleaned the sensors, forced a DPF burn and cleared the codes................the only thing removed would have been a hose.

So I would go for a nice long, fast drive to make sure crud is cleaned out of the exhaust system properly.................then give it an oil an filter change......should be all good then for sure.

Old 23-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Drover, probably sounds about right, I actually had a service at the same time that is why I was booked in up there to start with, as for the long drive I live near Caboolture so had a 100km drive home at highway speeds straight afterwards. So that was taken care off.

Hopefully, now it should be OK (till the next time)

Hey Chep, do you happen to know if that Vgate reader you showed does the full range of functions on a WK2 MY14 JGC, I looked on E-bay and there are a stack of similar Vgate modules ranging in price from 40 to 80 dollars, are they all the same with same functions and different prices or are there any actual differences in them?

There are also a stack of readers that require a cable to be fitted and they range from 40 to 140+ dollars, such as the following:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDiag-JD...frcectupt=true

apart from the inconvenience of having a cable, do you know if they are any better or not than just the android modules. Thanks.

Cheers

Last edited by Ed..; 23-01-2021 at 07:08 AM.
Old 23-01-2021
MonsterMoose

I would actually go for the Alpha OBD, have only been using the demo to evaluate but seems to do a good job, I only use them for diagnostics, found Torque Pro to be good but it, like most doesn't read Chysler codes hard to get a unit that will read all the manufacturer codes, be it Chrylser, Ford, Holden without costing hundreds and hundreds, this Alpha seems to do the job......and not break the wallet.. I must admit I rarely need to use them as my vehicles never seem to have any dramas. I service things before the schedule says and some which the schedule doesn't even mention...

Post New Thread  Reply