Lock down? What lockdown? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Blokes Advice
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-01-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Well, now that the Xmas holiday period is over, the neighbours next door have got it, their parents have got it, all from a brother in law present at Xmas lunch. Down the road has had it, the kids in the other next door side are gunna get it from their rellies all of whom got it from kids in a caravan park they stayed in over the New Year. Everyone in the caravan park have been forced into isolation.

Oh, well, i will just wait and see. Booster due in 2 weeks. Hope for the best till then.

Of course now that Qld decided to open up (tourism was losing too much) we will get up there in late Feb probably. No sooner cos Covid rife there atm. But wanted to finish a trip or two before the next variant hits... already in/out of Cameroon (Africa) and Marseilles (France). This variant has the potential to b a real doozy compared to what we have experienced so far.

There are about 5 other variants that we know about that have so far not "escaped" their countries of origin (Columbia, India, Peru Brazil etc)

Have a great day.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 16-01-2022 at 08:00 AM.
Old 16-01-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

They have to leave this thing run its course, fuck lockdown's, fuck testing, fuck restrictions and fuck masks. This thing is never going away, we are going to have to live with this for the rest of our lives, get used to it.
Currently the Government have a foot on each side of the fence, they need to get off the fucking fence and just let it go.
Old 16-01-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

they need to get off the fucking fence and just let it go.

Or fall onto the fence and rip their sad arses with a fence paling.... that will surely sharpen their ideas up!
Old 17-01-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

You should see the list of requirements for us going back to work at a school. It seriously is a joke. Doors and windows need to be open, air con on all the time, fine by me, however if kids or staff are deemed to have the plague, no-one is listed as a close contact or the site be closed for deep cleaning, regular cleaning will suffice and carry on as usual. It seems the 'let it roll' mentality is certainly winning here as we're all going to get it at some stage soon.
Old 19-01-2022
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,583 Times in 4,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
You should see the list of requirements for us going back to work at a school. It seriously is a joke. Doors and windows need to be open, air con on all the time, fine by me, however if kids or staff are deemed to have the plague, no-one is listed as a close contact or the site be closed for deep cleaning, regular cleaning will suffice and carry on as usual. It seems the 'let it roll' mentality is certainly winning here as we're all going to get it at some stage soon.
What do they have you using on surfaces?
Monash Uni (& their select entry senior school) are using Windex. Some others are using metho. Just let it dry. Most of the commercial surface cleaners are based on metho (70%+) any way.
Good luck!!
Old 20-01-2022
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Monash Uni (& their select entry senior school) are using Windex. Some others are using metho. Just let it dry. Most of the commercial surface cleaners are based on metho (70%+) any way.
Good luck!!
They use this dirt.... Use the normal one! I won't give you the link, don't ask
But there are good and working cleaners out there.
Old 21-01-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Good luck!!
Whatever the cleaners are using!
The whole shooting match changes daily, we get new directives via email. Now, if a kid tests positive in your class, don't stress, you'll be provided some RAT and monitor for symptoms, but if we test positive, everyone in out house has to isolate for 14 days. Seriously, it's a joke!
At first, it was, if we tested positive and asymptomatic, we can still come to work, but have to isolate from our family, household and society, like fucking work release from prison, I'm glad they've canned that idea thanks to the union digging their heals in!