TJ 2002 24hrs Old - What's next? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-12-2002
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default TJ 2002 24hrs Old - What's next?

of course being 2002 model, if it is the cat, get it replaced under waranty.
Old 16-12-2002
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Wooders - cheers! Now i understand. I'm not getting a lift to this TJ...ever. I bought it for the beach, and also because it is the most capable in stock form, hence i don't need to mod it too much - i MAY up the tyres to 30 inches. Man i'm a game bugger...NOT! [img]graemlins/spinrhead.gif[/img] sorry wooders, if i get a lift i might start wanting more and more and end up with a couple of jeeps in the garage and the GF will kill me... ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Definately get an alarm. I cannot stress this enough. While i have been inside a servo, shop or not very far away, i have had the bonnet opened, soft top played with, door opened, tyres kicked and someone has climbed into the jeep just to showoff to his mates. Jeez, they run real quick when the alarm screams. This mostly happens when i silently arm the alarm and nobody knows i've armed it, i don't care if it gets stolen and burnt to a crisp by a proffesional as i've got it insured and i'll get a new one. I'm more concerned about the guy who reaches in and breaks the centre console or steals my cb etc...

Make sure you get an alarm with the "Cycle Tones" with about 8 different sounds that rotate. Ensure it has a microwave sensor so if someone reaches through an open window or when the soft tops down, it'll scream.

As for stereo, it'll be real easy to steal so i suggest that you get a Sony 10 Disc CD Changer with FM modulator and remote so that you can place it under the seat or in the console and tune-in the stock stereo to the FM signal the CD changer transmits. You can take it out when not in use. It comes with a remote that you can temporarily mount on the dash. Strathfield sell it for about $600.

JimmyB, can i get another sticker? JimnyJeep wants one!

[ 17 December 2002, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Jeeps ]
Old 21-12-2002
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

What to do with a new Jeep? Give it to me!!!!!!!!!please?
Old 23-12-2002
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where can i get a sticker? I'll plaster your name around the city on the back of my girl if you want? HC...
Old 29-01-2003
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jas...
In terms of stereo upgrade, I started with a cd stacker installed in the console, looks as though factory system still installed. I was lucky to pick up a new factory boom box for half the new price, I think they're around $1000 but well worth it...its bloody loud with a built in amp and tweeters, also comes with front speaker upgrade...
Old 30-01-2003
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my two cents worth ..

stereo no idea i have cd player with factory spkrs
suspension as ive got stockers , im not a expert but tomorrow , thou hoping for today i'll have a 2" lift {which remind mes must post a tech question} i went budget, king springs and fulcrun shocks 1 grand unfitted..
rattling noise i agree with pk , my cat started to rattle badly and then i lost a power in short order and was geting worse thought it was stuffed muffler , but was cat and the honeycomb was slowly building up til no exhaust could flow thru , i was told another week or so engine could have blown .. ps im replacing factory headers it has a big hole in collection point will be getting stainless steel hi-flow job about $440 unfitted .. $670 fitted
alarm get the best you can afford , add a switch for engine disable and get a club and tie axels to lamp post with titinium chain and bullet proof padlock .. remove dizzy and remove air out of tyres , reflow petrol out too hidden tank . take battetry with you and that will probably stop would-be thiefs .. but who's paranoid who said that :D
ar get the ar i did was best investment for looks and seems to handle the rough as well , but get used to toyoto ppl to say
Quote:
are you really going to do that it looks to good to do that , but ya scratch it etc etc ETC.
yobo's humph

[ 30 January 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: merolius ]
Old 30-01-2003
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally posted by merolius:
suspension as ive got stockers , im not a expert but tomorrow , thou hoping for today i'll have a 2" lift {which remind mes must post a tech question} i went budget, king springs and fulcrun shocks 1 grand unfitted..
FYI. OME is about 1K as well..

[ 30 January 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: billsta ]
Post New Thread  Reply