ipod and imac update - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Gaming & Technology
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2005
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(insert witty remark here)
Old 13-10-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is always great to here from CF when i mac topic comes up.

iMac does acutely comes with a 4 button mouse. Better late then never.

Apple did not invent mp3 players. They were the first with a hard-drive mp3 player.

Why is it the PC nerds just love Bill Gates so much. Is it his glasses that he bought 81 or his love for viruses and unstable software.
Old 13-10-2005
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER

(insert witty remark here)
Barefoot set me up

How about a PEARL NECKLACE TASAR...MMMMMMM
Old 13-10-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope I think that was just 1980. I'd give you some examples of the cool stuff PC's have had over the years but don't want to spoil the future innovation of MAC's, so when they release their latest cool thing in the future I can sit here and go, yep 10 years ago on PC well done.

Tell me CF what Microsoft have invented. Ohh not even the desktop based OS with mouse.
Old 13-10-2005
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix

Apple did not invent mp3 players. They were the first with a hard-drive mp3 player.
Not quite correct they were the first with a mass market 60GB drive.

Anyway I don't really have an issue with MAC and I do think they look much cooler than a basic PC by a long way. Think they have done some great work on the whole accessories side in the last 12 Months.

And iPOD putting aside the fact it's pretty lame in that the technology is not new is a pretty good bit of kit and whoever has been running their marketing has done an awesome job of turning it into a major brand.

Shame the MAC operating system does not have any market share because it does limit development of a lot of the software which ultimatley is why I prefer the PC.

Microsoft is a pile of crap as an operating system, absolutely hate it to be honest and Office is even worse.

The ONLY two things I prefer with a PC over MAC is the hardware upgradeability in that I can build what I want specifically for what I want to be doing with the PC (bit like the Jeep) , and when something breaks I can fix it myself in seconds (not like the Jeep) and availiability of top end games and that's it.

Yeah I know I always jump on here and start the PC / MAC thing off again but it's all in good fun and BF knows that which is why he posted it.

I do actually have a MAC and yeah I don't mind it at all. Sometimes isn't practical for building web based designs but it's not all bad.

Old 13-10-2005
The Chook Whisperer

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossflow
Barefoot set me up
Muahahahaaaa!!

Sif I would
Old 13-10-2005
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix
Nope I think that was just 1980. I'd give you some examples of the cool stuff PC's have had over the years but don't want to spoil the future innovation of MAC's, so when they release their latest cool thing in the future I can sit here and go, yep 10 years ago on PC well done.

Tell me CF what Microsoft have invented. Ohh not even the desktop based OS with mouse.
Get over Microsoft I was talking about PC hardware / Accessories etc not the platform, platform sucks UNIX / LINUX million times better than MS.

I guess the mention of PC makes everyone think of Microsoft but there is more to a PC than MS, such as makes / manufacturers of sound, video cards, drives, processors, RAM, monitors etc etc.

Post New Thread  Reply