Other make rims to suit XJ? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-02-2006
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks for the help all-checking some rims out over the next week or so!!

'98 TJ
Old 21-10-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
Got a listing of all the different makes and what their stud patterns are so can compare. They include some models within the Daihatsu, Eunos, Holden, Honda, Landrover, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota. All these have a 5 stud pattern which is called a 5 on 4.5" pcd or 5 on 114.3 mm. Most have a smaller hub centre ( you need a 72 mm one ) and are for 12 mm studs and not the 1/2" that the Jeep runs but you could enlarge that. But you must remember that just like all the Falcons fit ( although the hub centre is .5 of a mm smaller which effects the rear axle only! ), and not just the later ones, you have to take into account the offset you are after and also more importantly the load rating. The wheels on a 4wd have to have a higher load rating due to the higher work load they get when offroad and also the weight of the tyres themselves. The load rating needs to be close to 1000 kgs according to the spec I have seen. The stock back spacing is 5.25" so remember that the lower that number becomes the further they stick out and place more leverage on your bearing too. You what as much BS as you can without rubbing on the control arms for the tyre size you run. I run 4.75" of BS with a 8" wide rim and just cleared 31x10.5's. I now run 32's but have the WJ control arms which give me plenty of clearance. You will also find wheels sold with a offset number. This gives you the amount off centre the rim sits from dead centre. Stock is -35 mm on a 7" rim. Remember though if you go to a 8" rim you can have the same BS as before but the offset has changed. Very confusing but if you give me some wheel specs and the tyre size you want to run I can help with if it is a good or bad setup.
Hey dude, i have been reading through, and it is all a little confusing (as you said). I have a set of BFG Muddies 31's and i want to slap rims on that have the correct backspacing. If i call a wrecker, and ask about rims, what rims do i need to ask for? cheers!

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=119640
Old 21-10-2012
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

31's will be pretty much fine on stock rims.

Cheers
Steve
Old 21-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet, so if i put them on the stock rims, i can put the steering stops back to normal?

Old 21-10-2012
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts

Anyone want to have a guessment of what offset my sunnys are?

They are 15x7 with 32x11.5s on them and rears sit about 10-15 mm inside the flares.

I just need to work out what they are roughly so I can work out offset to order some 15x8 that have abit more agressive offset by about 15mm
Old 21-10-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Sweet, so if i put them on the stock rims, i can put the steering stops back to normal?
what lift ? you will get some rubbing on control arms with stock rims and 31`s , it never bothered me i just didn`t steer full lock .

Help support the future of the forum
Old 21-10-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe (mudmonster may know better) it has a 2inch lift, but the rear leaves have had a hard life. It will have a 3.5in lift in the next few months...

Post New Thread  Reply