Installed but no light - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Sorry Cmohr for the typo in your name
Old 18-09-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Crikey???? what brand setup are you using????

Mine is a Narva setup. It has a stand alone wiring harness, I do not touch any of my original headlight wiring loom. The relay has simple setup. Main power - from battery, Earth - to body/battery earth, left and right power supply to each spotlight ( each spotlight is individually eathed to my bullbar) and the Activator - via the isolator switch. The only wire to come thru the firewall is that relay activator.

That RED wire you see in my pics goes from Fuse box to isolator in - isolator out, thru the firewall and to the relay actiator. I take it maybe your isolator switch has a light in it as that could account for a third wire.??

It's a stand alone system that does not reley on the original wiring at all, it draws no amps any from your existing lighting and in the event of a "short" won't burn out you headlight wiring. A fairbit safer and than piggy backing off the original lighting harness.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

The brand, well that is the interesting thing it is "MOPAR GENUINE" 64 little pictures describing exactly what to do the only interuption that I had to make was where the piggy back cable was to go they wanted it plugged into a two prong system I have a 3 prong system, yep really I thought it would be an easy install but hey

IT'S A JEEP THING

thanks
Old 18-09-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo4runner View Post
The brand, well that is the interesting thing it is "MOPAR GENUINE" 64 little pictures describing exactly what to do the only interuption that I had to make was where the piggy back cable was to go they wanted it plugged into a two prong system I have a 3 prong system, yep really I thought it would be an easy install but hey

IT'S A JEEP THING

thanks

HAHA..

Where aboots in Brisy are you, I could have a look at it for you if you like..

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

Forest Lake and thanks, Just an update I have been able to enlighten the situation my two white wires are actually spliced together under the oem sheath now removed they are actually a yellow wire that goes to the switch in the cabin. And my green comes from the switch and over to the relay in the 86 position

My 85 out of the relay is black and I think this has to be spliced with the black coming from the lights and also the black coming from the switch because the black coming out of the sheath is the cable that has to be grounded

All this means to me (after extensive research) is that it is set up to be (+) switched are the high beam lights in the cherokee (+) or (-) switched because I think this might make a difference when I hook it into the H4 Globe.

I have found a page that shows me how to wire it up (-) switched so maybe this is the answer I am still wondering why I have no light on my switch and also if I need to plug a wire into the fuse box as suggested.
Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

Ok now I have blown a total of 2 fuses today I just tried changing the cables at the switch and guess what bang (quietly) blown fuse this time the high beam 10amp earlier it was a low beam 10amp at this rate all my driving will have to be done during the daytime oh well off to supercheap 2morrow and getting myself a big packet of fuses these things are tiny and the only fuses I have here are the bigger ones.

Still no luck with the wiring of these lights 2morrow I may just pull the wiring out and start over again using the diagram from the net, hopefully I will be able to use the existing wires and just do the job properly, it would have been easier to just buy a GRAND and hook them up to that.

Anyway they will get wired up they are 100watt globes in each light.

Thanks so far
Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

On a side note the relay that was supplied looks just like a bosch relay but instead of having an 87 and an 87a slot it has two 87 slots an 85 an 86 and a 30. If it has just two 87 slots what is it switching between it has a red wire going from each of the 87 slots the first to one spottie and the second to the other spottie (I'm no auto electrican ha ha ha but doesn't that mean it is switching between one light and the other light).
Post New Thread  Reply