trail toolkit, spares and recovery gear - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Recovery - Snatch strap, Hi mount, TT protector, 4 D shackles, Hi Lift

Spares - light globes really need to make up a kit like pezzes though

Tools - stack of torches, oil, water, wd40, Wurth hand cleaner for my girly office hands, screwdrivers, socket set and torx heads, vice grips, Jumper leads, lanolin, cable ties, dunny paper, a couple of first aid kits crammed into a lunch box, and odds and ends ive needed when playing with the car i couldnt be bothered taking back to the house.

What i need to get asap is a snatch block, a winch extension strap, and a spare kit like pezz has set up, probably should throw in some radiator repair goo and a couple of spare hoses.

Great idea pezz
Old 08-07-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't forget a serpentine belt to suit your individual vehicle, you break one of those you could be in the shite.
Old 08-07-2008
Pollie Waffle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow I don't have anywhere near that kinda of stuff...

Recovery: 2 x D shackles, snatchum strap, gloves, mate with a whinch

Tools: Hammer, Jimmy bar, socket set (I & M), screwdrivers, shovel (full size) plus various other crap

Other: 20L of water, torch, WD40, ducktape, zip tyes.

Still got heaps to get though....
Old 08-07-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

uhf radio.
Old 08-07-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here goes
recovery nothen dnt own any .still havnt put a rope on ur winch yet pezz
spares I blew my bottom radiator hose on sunday in gembrook. lucky it was by the clamp so what i do when i go to the bush is keep my windscreen washer bottle full of water no soap just incase holds about 3 litres. so what i did was cut the hose shorter and reclamped it used 2litres of water which was the only water everyone had 3 of us including me 2 wranglers 1 hilux. so i disconected the hose for the spray jet stuck it in the radiater and bang I had no airlock and radiator had water everyone happy. THe lesson I learnt was carry drive belt 2 radiator hoses 1top 1 bottom the putty u mentioned a 5 litre bottle of coolant eventualy one uni for drive and axle has uve mentioned and tools nearly all hand tools that are at home at the time and not at work.
Old 08-07-2008
AJOR Silver

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

RECOVERY GEAR: 2 x 9mtr snatch straps, 1 x tree trunk protector, 1 x webbed tow strap, 1 x tow chain, 4x small shackle, 1 x large shackle, Tirfor winch with bag used as dampener, small shovel, 2 x pair of gloves

SPARES: 1 x driveshaft uni, 1 x axle uni, 1 x set of uni straps, 1 x sepentine belt, fuses, elecy wire

TOOLS: Mix of 3/8 & 1/4 sockets and ratchets, 3/8 torx set upto T55, assorted screwdrivers, vice grips, ratchet ring spanners, "Bloody Huge" shifter for Lower Long arm nuts, gerber/leatherman multi tool, 4 way wheel brace, 1 x air compressor, gas soldering iron, multi meter, wire, elecy tape, 100Mph tape,

OTHER: huge cable ties, rags, poo tickets, 1x Maglite torch, water, lighter, first aid kit, ration packs,
Old 08-07-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

trail toolkit, spares and recovery gear

RECOVERY GEAR: 1 x 9mtr snatch strap, 1x small shackle, 1 x large shackle,full size shovel, gloves, uhf radio

SPARES: tyre plug kit, compressor and guage got to get top and bottom hoses and belt

TOOLS: torques drive set and screw driver set, 12" shifter/hammer, 6'x4' dropsheet, jumper leads, multimeter,test light,12 volt soldering iron and solder with heat shrink, wheel brace, acurate tyre deflator, knife, hand riveter 3/8 drive socket set, side cutters and pliers

OTHER: bundle of cable ties, poo tickets, torch, brake fluid, water, matches, wd40, rain coat, first aid kit, rags to clean up with assorted nuts bolts screws and rivets, compas, water proof matches

Last edited by WHHEMI; 08-07-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply