Whats the real Fuel Consumption of an XJ?!? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-08-2008
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

stock 98xj

15l/100km around town
13.5l/100km on the hwy

I have a long range tank however (120lt) so i usually fit around 116lt in which cost around $180 each stop at the servo.
Old 13-08-2008
i am the CIG

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Mine Is A Deisel

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Old 13-08-2008
AJOR Bronze

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

I average about 400km from a 65ltr tank around town, which comes to just over 16/100. It has been said that every inch of lift adds 1lt/100km which sounds right for me with a 2" lift.
Old 13-08-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i get 450kms outta 85ltrs
which is about 19/100 - but thats lpg and driving everywhere flat foot- my missus is a rev head.... i dont even get to drive my xj very much anymore.
when i was driving the xj i was getting around 16/100kms on lpg but i take off slower than she does
Old 13-08-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

In my stock 1995 XJ sport used to get around
city: 13L/100km
highway: 11L/100km
towing 900kgs: 17L/100

2" lifted with 30" tyres and bull bar:
city: 16L/100km
highway: 13L/100km

Forgot to add, I drive like a grandma and usually fill up with about 60L @ $90.

Last edited by Tims_Jeep; 13-08-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: added detail
Old 13-08-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

I have 3.5" lift and 30" tyres and 4.11 diffs

19/100 around town
16/100 highway
19.3/100 towing camper

was hoping for much better, but thats what it delivers
Old 13-08-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmmm so some good results.. and some bad! fuel economy concerns me a bit because ill be a student running what seems to be the thirstiest thing around.
Hopefully ill be able to grab a diesel, should ease the pain. I dont mind pouring money into it, so worth it, but i need the money to do it first.
Another thing is, i drive a daihatsu haha! so im used to 50 bucks a full tank... and that lasting me over 2 weeks.
If i play my cards right i can keep both, so i dont have to drive the jeep to the station/shops/etc as much.
LGP sounds like it would help alot! ill see what i can do. Sux that fuel consumption is higher with lifting it though so the bigger the tyres the more thirsty as well??

thanks everyone!
Post New Thread  Reply