How much to replace JK windscreen? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-11-2008
Pollie Waffle

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk View Post
Get ready for a shock...its EXPENSIVE!!

KSK
Pfft a shock would have been it being CHEAP!
Old 01-12-2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found the original MOPAR screen to be very weak. Had a couple of rocks knock it and basically self destructed.
Had Windscreen O'B' mob come out and put in a new one. Only cost $380. Since then I have had much larger rocks and and other debris hit without any damage.
Just my 2 cents. But, if anyone quotes over $400 tell em they're dreamin'!
--- Morgan ---
Old 01-12-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, have the actual numbers in front of me now - not quite as big difference as I remembered....

genuine jeep: $1053
non-genuine: $817

from Windscreens O'Brien.

Crusty Juggler - that's a damn good deal! where are you?
Old 01-12-2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kimba,

I'm in Canberra mate.
That's a joke of a price they've quoted you mate. Oh well there has got to be something good about living here. Except the awesome driving in the Brindies, and in the Snowies, and the easy access to some great tracks down the South Coast. Hang-on... I love it here.

If wanted I can see if I can dig up a copy of my Invoice. Might be able to get some price matching done.

--- Morgan ---
Old 01-12-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Juggler View Post
Kimba,

I'm in Canberra mate.
That's a joke of a price they've quoted you mate. Oh well there has got to be something good about living here. Except the awesome driving in the Brindies, and in the Snowies, and the easy access to some great tracks down the South Coast. Hang-on... I love it here.

If wanted I can see if I can dig up a copy of my Invoice. Might be able to get some price matching done.

--- Morgan ---
Thanks for the offer, but luckily I didn't need to get the whole thing done this time around... Always good to know what prices people are getting elsewhere though
Old 01-12-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

stuff that it would be cheaper to just fold the window and just drive with some goggles

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRD
Old 01-12-2008
Mud bucket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys got me paranoid so I rang my insurance mob and added the windscreen protection!
Post New Thread  Reply