Blown up my CRD - Page 20 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2009
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyWA View Post
Because of the replacement engine (CRD anyway) cost mate, thats freeking ridiculous!

You don't have to go offending people mate.. you're shallow for calling people you don't know stupid and shallow for one... Jenko and others including myself are just voicing their opinions and have not offended you so why offend us?
After all, this is a discussion forum is it not?
mate how is he offending anyone ?

new cars come with a 3 yr 100 000 k warranty that is a written contract
(read legal document ) and now this guy is sour on jeep cause his car fried the valves and more than likely melted the piston cause it over fuelled whilst a dp chip was fitted . the warranty contract states that modifying the vehicle can result in the warranty being voided whilst still in warranty period
and this vehicle is out by 10000k chrysler have no obligation what so ever to fix this car . chrysler offered 50 percent of the cost when they could have just said no with out even listening to his case .

what more do people expect when chrysler have fulfilled the obligation of the contract which was signed at the point of sale . so before you get on the net and slander jeep for being pricks and this and that read your warranty
contract .

so its ok for people to slag off businesses on the net when you dont get your own way even know your contract is expired and the organisation has no legal obligation to fulfill ?

if i was the general manager at chrysler or the dp of the dealership i would have my lawyers contact you for defamation of character as you have no leg to stand on .

i used to work as a service advisor so am familiar with these situations .
Old 14-01-2009
Sandgroper

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP View Post
your are stupid.
As for every one who has decided against buying a Jeep because of this thread you are very easily influenced, shallow one might say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexytj View Post
mate how is he offending anyone ?
Well, as he quoted above flexytj, it certainly looks like a personal attack to me...
I'm sure if anyone was in Jenko's position they wouldn't just "suck it up".
77 grand for a new engine? I'd be spewing for sure, even if they offered me 50 percent "discount"
As stated, this is a discussion forum and no one needs to offend anybody. We are all entitled to our own opinions and if people have nothing nice to say they shouldn't say anything at all and just "suck it up" themselves...

'98 TJ
Old 14-01-2009
Sandgroper

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexytj View Post
so its ok for people to slag off businesses on the net when you dont get your own way even know your contract is expired and the organisation has no legal obligation to fulfill ?
I wouldn't say that, no.
I would say he has a reason to be upset with the lifespan of his engine even though he had a chip installed (which doesn't sound like it was the cause of the problem anyway) and it's weird that DC didn't let him know what caused the problem when he paid the cash to get the motor diagnosed...

'98 TJ
Old 14-01-2009
Original Mexican Mafia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ben if people cant take comments like mine (the trivial ones I made in the earlier post) then tough titties.They shouldnt be part of a public forum. I'm tired of all the sensative snags that cant man up in a discussion like this.
If your gonna quote me dont edit the quote. leave it in its context. There was an entire sentence in front of the "your stupid" comment explaining why I think he is being stupid.
Without deviating form the topic at hand whilst reading this thread I noticed alot of people saying that it has swayed there opinion of buying a Jeep cause of this scenario. Thats just so ridiculous its laughable. I'm no mechanic but I know when my warranty is up anything major to go wrong with the car is gonna cost me. Blown engine, blown auto, blown turbo, faulty electric windows, seats not heating, diff seazed whatever. ITS GONNA COST ME. CUASE THERE IS NO FURTHER WARRANTY. IT HAS EXPIRED..... GET IT.
Well the person who satrted this thread doesnt seem to think so. Instead he is prepared to publicly slag the company in the hope of getting his warranty extended after the fact. Cant blame him I guess cause it worked and they offered him 1/2 of the costs.
But then he got greedy, and went for the lot. I laugh to myself as i am typing this. If thats not stupid behaviour then well you know. I dont want to offend you.
Old 15-01-2009
Original Mexican Mafia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkomagic View Post
I was out back of Roma in QLD yesterday sitting on 130km's /hr when I lost power and noticed smoke out the back mirror.

She only had 110,000km on the clock so she is just out of warranty.

Jenko
130 klm per hour, Just out of warranty.
I thought this thread would end here.

Quote:
"and Gildo what have you hear after 100k?" please pass it on as I need to build a case so I can hopefully convince the big C to replace or fix the engine at their expense.
At this stage your were hoping to convince. Now your demanding.
Hoping for a favourable outcome doesnt mean your going to get it.

Quote:
I'm playing their game (and playing dumb) for the moment. They are unaware I am the Engineering Manager for a Global company and have duel degrees in Mech/Elec engineering for 15 years and have a lot of engineering resources available should I need it. Believe me, I will give them worst case scenario if they don’t fix this engine free of charge and reimburse me every cent I have spent so far.

I'm sure every 300C forum also will want to know this problem and Ch 7 Today Tonight will want to re-run a story of not only Jeeps Grand Cherokee's catching on fire,
At present, close to 700 are viewing this post, the more that watch the more weight I carry.
Jenko
This post sums up the reason for jenkos ranting.

Quote:
As Chrysler are willing to pay 50% I would find this reasuing as they must have found a fault that was deemed not mine.
BIG MISTAKE. Assumptions are the mother of all f--k ups.

Quote:
If it was the chip's fault I doubt they would have offered 50% off good will or not.
That what good will is. They are in the marketing game. Public perception is everything to these guys. Thats why your doing this. Almost blackmail Jenko.

Quote:
The main issue here is will DC stand by their product if a failure occurred due to faulty parts and workmanship, and especially after I made mention of engine knocking noises whilst it was still under warranty.
They stood by it to the tune of %50 of expences.. You pissed that one into the wind didnt you.

Quote:
The fact that the vehicle is 11K out of warranty is the sole reason they will not fix this engine 100% at their cost. The 50% is an act of "Good Will"
They will not provide any written evidence of that conversation in a report.
All email correspondence starts with "Without Prejudice" .
So, am I still being unreasonable?
I was starting to think you forgot it was out of warranty.
Good lawyers to protect themselves from people trying to take advantage of them.
Very unreasonable.

Quote:
The bottom line was though, our CEO always said if the customer would not accept our findings we would always provide warranty at our cost to save that customer.
So you expect Chrysler to do the same. Your ceo knew he didnt have to do squat for that customer but he offered goodwill to the customer. Sounds familiar?

Quote:
At some stage (if we don't constantly upgrade our vehicles) our 3 years 100K will expire
Glad you realise that.

We are all guilty of trying to get something for nothing at some stage of our lives I am sure. Maybe even trying to get a heavy discount for a scuff on a tv that doesnt really matter. but this is blatant consumer mauling. Trying to black mail Chrysler into a position wherethey will fix your car just to shut you up cause your making so much noise. I think Chrysler a bigger than that. My prediction......

They will take you to the cleaners.
Old 15-01-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

EJ, I see where you're coming from, and in part I agree, except that I had my own issues with Jeep trying to get warranty work done whilst under warranty. It was never done, until magically out of warranty they agreed there was a problem, but sadly wouldn't fix it because it was out of warranty.

Luckily JJ had a few contacts at Jeep Aus in the warranty department and I went further up the tree. A few minutes later I got a call from the dealership to bring it back in so they could have another look.

5 hours later I got a call to pick up my Jeep with a brand new part, all done under warranty.

If Jenko really had complained about problems under warranty, then I reckon he's got fair reason to be jumping up and down over a $77k bill.
Old 15-01-2009
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To all those not wanting to buy one due to this single failure, don't forget the enormous number of Nissan patrol 3L turdo diesels that self destructed - in stock form too, no question about performance chips.
However, I'm very interested to know how Nissan dealt with the problem. As far as I know, out of warranty engines were covered in some cases if you kicked up enough of a fuss. Admittedly there was a well established fundamental problem with the engine but nevertheless.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread