TJ: sht50 buildup - Page 20 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Well no real visual updates as such. Changed up the rear link locations and am really happy with roll axis and anti squat numbers. Looks like I'll have roughly 7" up travel. Having a hard time with finding suitable link material up here. When I ask at the steel centres for 1020 DOM tube they have this real weird look, like is that even metal. So might have to resort to one of the performance metal shops in Sydney. Have gone with 2" profender air bumps purely due to price at $330 for the pair and am In the middle of ordering 14" king coilovers. That should round out the rear end apart from brakes and and some small stuff. Ordered all the 3 link brackets for the front so can start on that as well.
Old 03-03-2015
Full Flexer

Well have been working on this on and off the last couple of days. Rear end is basically all tacked in where its going to sit. Havnt got around to mounting coilovers or bumps yet, mainly due to im not exactly sure how. i still have very minimal room even with the backhalf kit and i dont have a bender to make up some shock hoops. so while i was trying to figure that out I finished cleaning up the front frame rails and threw the front diff under it just to get a feel for what sort of wheel base and what I have to do for steering.
I also removed the steering box so i can tap it for hydro assist as i already have a PSC 1.5"x8" cylinder. The box will be getting rotated up to accommodate for the front stretch. Thats all I really have for now still saving for new treads will more than likely just be 37x12.50r15 creepies and still have to pony up for the front kings and bumps and also some more heims for the steering.

Old 19-03-2015
Full Flexer

Well have been stuffing around the front end with link placement and steering/panhard and have almost got that down pat. got my steel in for arms and crossmember support as well.

Old 20-04-2016
Full Flexer

So i am still progressing ahead just slowly is all.

Modified the front bar to clear the rotated steering box. and beefed up the mounting of it.

Front end is essentially done bar springs, brakelines, locker lines and driveshaft.

Still unsure on what to do for rear body mounts and recovery points but i do have an idea. but that can wait till next days off.

Have found a cheap set of fox 2,x 16" air shocks for the rear and when they get here i can finish up the rear end.

Its slowly getting there just all the annoying little thing to go.
Old 10-09-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 169 Times in 134 Posts

This thing is mint. Did you finish it?

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 17-10-2016
Full Flexer

Let's just say it's an ongoing project. It is going ahead very slowly. As far as the suspension is concerned it is done minus springs and limit straps. Have started running brake lines. I was going to run a line lock as a park brake, but have decided to run normal a normal explorer handbrake inside the rotor.
Can't run the stock tank in the tub due to space constraints, and also from a safety point of view. So have to order a genright fuel pump ring and generic alloy cell.

So yeah just an ongoing project, but I can see the light.

Last edited by Jimmyb; 19-12-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 18-10-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 61 Times in 45 Posts

Great build mate. Nice work
Post New Thread  Reply