list the issues you have had with your kj - Page 20 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-10-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchbert View Post
Hmmm, where do I start ...

Trip computer barfs, Aircon blows hot air (from new) - perhaps fixed by eventual replacement of overhead console (is that the EVIC evryone mentions?) after 8 months
2 sets front rotors, 1 set back rotors, machined front and rear, 3 sets front pads, 2 sets rear pads
hard to start about once per month - told it's dirty air cleaner - air cleaner replaced still happens
car stalls, dies intermittently - injectors replaced Christmas 06, maybe fixed
split intercooler hoses (both) ...
Ball Joint and Torque converter recall
All in a car just over 1 year old ...
exactly all the symtoms i have..........let me shed some light!!!
hard to start? check your fuel filter i bet it has air in it i bleed mine weekly
have had the filter bracket/housing replaced and still does it
replaced all fuel lines myself didnt help.............
if i keep it primed its fine no stalling stumbling ...
your intercooler hoses splitting is well known problem to.......... oil from the ccv on you rocker cover lets the crap into your intake sending the hoses soft to the point where they end up splitting you could try a provent for that one

summary:
torque convertor 3 times (third time box rebuilt)
overheating
handbrake (required a flash)
discs (shudder)
balljoints
idler pulley
alternator pulley (noise still there)
air in fuel - i prime it weekly(they will never fix this one) ,have a look at what some of the guys at lost have done with this prob
mutiple check engine lights on numerous occasions
car died on way home from qld for no apparent reason..
(turned out to be a dead short somewhere.)

this car has 14000 k on it
AND IM OVER IT!!
as a result i traded on sunday just gone (back to some jap stuff for me)

have had some good times in this car but feel the bad far outways the good!

Last edited by jaydude02; 30-10-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 30-10-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lift pump and auto bleeder mod
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=24527
Old 31-10-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My KJ has not gone 1500-2500km without an issue where I have had to take it upto the delership, then leave it there all day or a few days which i've had to on some of the bigger problems. There's gotta be a limit to all this inconvenience time after time. Not to mention we bought 2 KJ's from this delership at the same time & they just seem to want to sweep it under the carpet and hope it's just goes away...worst aftersales service ever in my experience!!
Old 31-10-2007
A.K.A Rentagheyde :-)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Renegade View Post
My KJ has not gone 1500-2500km without an issue where I have had to take it upto the delership, then leave it there all day or a few days which i've had to on some of the bigger problems. There's gotta be a limit to all this inconvenience time after time. Not to mention we bought 2 KJ's from this delership at the same time & they just seem to want to sweep it under the carpet and hope it's just goes away...worst aftersales service ever in my experience!!
from my own experenece with the kj i had they say "thats what warranty is for" "and sometimes there are problems" and will never even think about replacing or reimbursing you for the hassle or shit you go through with them.

after 18mnths of owning my kj crd i sold it n traded to a wrangler never been to the dealership since (touch wood 3 mnths and counting)
Old 31-10-2007
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_jk View Post
from my own experenece with the kj i had they say "thats what warranty is for" "and sometimes there are problems" and will never even think about replacing or reimbursing you for the hassle or shit you go through with them.

after 18mnths of owning my kj crd i sold it n traded to a wrangler never been to the dealership since (touch wood 3 mnths and counting)
Give it time, remember it's a Jeep. + it's the 1st series of the JK so your bound to have some stuff they will want to alter/fix for you But remember "sometimes there are problems but that's what warrantys are for"
Old 31-10-2007
A.K.A Rentagheyde :-)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDKJ View Post
Give it time, remember it's a Jeep. + it's the 1st series of the JK so your bound to have some stuff they will want to alter/fix for you But remember "sometimes there are problems but that's what warrantys are for"
fingers x-ed lol they got the "bugs" out in the 12 mnths worth of making them b4 mine got here. Quite like the look of the new kk's or what ever there gonna be called though.

Last edited by silver_jk; 31-10-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 31-10-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure enough vehicals have problems, but 16-17 visits to a delership within 25,000km is pretty much a damn lemon if you ask me. And I can't remember the last time i look this KJ wheeling as I don't trust it on road let alone off road.
Post New Thread  Reply