Civilian Owned Firearms, what do we think? - Page 23 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Politicians logic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r29kw2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	64534  
Old 02-10-2013
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

And there was a guy who was arrested for discharging a shotgun. His explanation was, "It's what the Joe Biden said to do!"

LLinky.
I wonder what happened in his court case?

Last edited by Banshee; 02-10-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New centre console for the jeep, now it's zombie proof!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	64537  
Old 10-10-2013
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgp2 View Post
Guns are tools, they do not assault or kill
That old chestnut. Sure they're tools - designed to kill.

Yes it takes someone to pull the trigger, but make no mistake if they do then the gun does exactly what it was designed to do.

Ladders kill people, but they're not designed to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no issue with gun ownership, and have enjoyed the odd shoot since I was a kid doing it at school. Indeed I've long considered getting a pistol license and gun as the few times I've done it OS I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I just question for how long, so I haven't made the leap yet.

But I tell ya what, anyone - farmer, me and the rest - everyone should have to jump through a ton of hoops to justify getting one.

We're fortunate in Australia - as much as they should, the US can never go back. Yet when there's 284 'mass shootings' (4 or more people) in 290 days, something has to be done.

When a bloke, discharged from the navy for mental health issues, with a known history of gun violence can walk in and legally get a gun - even if the shop keeper knows all that, then something is wrong.

Seriously wrong.

And of course, let's not forget the irony that's missed by too many in the US. Don't dare touch their guns or their gun rights or expect background checks on 2nd hand guns as that's an invasion of privacy and the laws are in the constitution, despite killing over 32,000 in 2011 alone.

Yet , there's no problem with the US invading everyone in the world's privacy (or countries) because of terrorism - which killed around 3,000 in 2001 with 9/11. To put that in perspective, over 71,000 dies from diabetes, 29,000 from guns, and over 13,000 from drunk driving.

Between 1999 and 2010 the figures for US terrorist deaths isn't much over 3k. 360,000 died by guns.

IMHO you want a gun, go for it. But there should be all sorts of hurdles between you and that trigger. We should never, ever want to be a a country where companies make a kid's first gun in pretty pink, which then gets left loaded in a bedroom to kill a kid's brother or sister.

EDIT - please don't take it that as a rant against you, it's not - purely my thoughts on the first question and issues in the US, which I sadly know too well and too closely with a mate living over there.
Old 10-10-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Blaming a piece of metal for the action of a human being is ridiculous.
I owned guns for more than 30 years, shoot 4K of ammo every year never shot anyone, my guns must be defective....
Worked as a range officer in many shooting range including machine gun shoot in the US.

Bringing up US foreign policies in this debate make no sense( or the colour of a firearm).

I respect the choice of an individual in not wanting to have firearms, but do not presume to tell me what I should own base on your fears.

The reasoning of some individuals in prohibiting the presence of a firearm in some premises and being surprised by these violent actions in the same premises baffles me.

Mass shooters are coward and will act in an area where they will not meet any opposition.

When a gunman start shooting in a school , the first thing you do is call other gunman(police) to resolve the situation.

I love your country, enjoyed the landscape and the hospitality of your countryman, but I would never reside and submit to these laws.

Glad to hear you are happy in this environment.
Old 10-10-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm getting a gun box for the xj, will post when done
Old 10-10-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Civilian Owned Firearms, what do we think?

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381405547750.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	64762

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk 2