Blown up my CRD - Page 23 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2009
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
I think its time for some positive feed back after read all this beat up on Jeep. my wife and i purchased our commander 07 model in sept 08, first week busted grille phoned jeep yes we have one in stock great ( good price was expecting to pay alot more ). Next was engine was stalling engine light came on contact Jeep Assist booked car in problem solved (sensor on motor )could not do enough for us. Last thing was while whipper snipping i shattered the back window i thought shit what do i tell the wife all she did was contacted Leo Muller Mansfield and they said yes we have one left in stock this was 3 pm xmas eve, they were prepared to come in xmas day morning to give it to us, what more could you ask for so lets all ease up on them and remember why we bought the crd motors in the first place because the pull like a train. All the best to my fellow jeep owners
Thanks for the balanced view, I only wish my experiences were that positive, alas they weren't!
Old 17-01-2009
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP View Post
Yes but to be fair that was a case of "who you know".
Yes and no, he had a very good relation ship with his dealer and was a nice bloke. Never carried on even if something was denied. People are more inclined to help you if you dont make there job harder than it already is.
(And come in with a good trip story to tell )

Last edited by CP jeep; 17-01-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 17-01-2009
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,980 Times in 2,349 Posts

Nice to hear a good news story.....................how the hell do you smash the rear window when whipper snippering

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 18-01-2009
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmmm........

Firstly i would like to say that i do feel for you Jenkomagic and i hope you receive a reasonable outcome regarding your diesel replacement / rebuild.

I actually work as a Warranty Contracts Manager dealing with mechanical equipment installations for major highrises, hospitals, shopping centres etc. (contract values i refer to are anywhere from $8m to $38m currently) I am responsible for the warranty portions of these projects so i deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis! I am by no means a novice to mechanical warranty issues.

I am not going to weigh into this debate of who is right and who is wrong here as deisel engines are nowhere near my forte and you guys are alot more versed on this subject than i am.

I would like to add that we too have in our contracts that if any of our installed mechanical equipment is modified/repaired by another unauthorised company during the warranty period this MAY void your warranty. I have enforced this on a number of occasions. In saying that i have also 'as a show of good will' repaired equipment 'out of warranty' for the client. There are various reasons why i have done both of these obviously. MY DECISION! If i am contractually covered NOT to repair the item, why should i repair it????

On another note, I have also got a problem with my XJ Jeep at the moment. Relatively minor issue that could have also been dangerous. However i am giving the company a chance to rectify it BEFORE i come to an open forum to discuss it as i know it will be seen on here by the company i am dealing with.

I am hoping that i will end up with my desired outcome so i am not going to potentially affect the reputation of a company before they have had the full chance to rectify the problem. Doesn't seem right to me. I am noticing there are already Jeepers talking about not purchasing a CRD Jeep based on Jenkomagic's issue. Such a shame really to tar the whole Jeep product with the same brush. I have 2 and love them.

$77k for the replacement i agree is absurd. Jeep should hang their heads in shame. However $77k is no doubt a cost that will cover their costs when they offer you 50% good will. Guilty of that deal recently myself sorry to say!

Anyway i am hoping that you get a positive outcome Jenkomagic. But i think you may be in for a long fight. Good luck.
Old 18-01-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jenko, have you had a sit down meeting with Bob Muller the Dealer Principal?

You would go a long way to meet a man that, in my opinion, is as top shelf as Bob is. He is extremely approachable and will give of himself and his time, in my experience, very freely.

I am appalled that their Service Dept. has not been able to fix probs under warranty when you raised the issue/s earlier, but refusing to give you your engine data, well that's incredibly poor form!!

Last edited by DizzyDi; 19-01-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 19-01-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP jeep View Post
If you ever want proof that chrysler can be generous with there warranties and dealer relationships go a long way, there it is.

That blokes car cost chrysler almost more that the purchase price, 99% was caused by abuse.
Perhaps it was due to abuse but Chrysler won't admit fault themselves and they won't blame the DP Chip. They know perfectly well what the problem is and what caused it but don't want to say which makes me think that it's their problem.

I'd take it to fair trading if you have the faults about the pinging on your service reports when it was still under warranty. It wouldn't be a hard legal argument to show that the pinging damaged the engine while under warranty. The fault was pointed out to them several times while under warranty. They ignored the fault to save themselves time and money which led to the catastrophic failure after the warranty had run out.

If you have the service reports showing the pinging complaint, I'd bet you have very good grounds. If Chrysler can show it was the chip then you can take it with the chip manafacturer.

$77K is nothing but a F you letter. You didn't take up their "generous" offer of 50% so they want you to just go away.

Thorne
Old 19-01-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddm View Post
$77k for the replacement i agree is absurd. Jeep should hang their heads in shame.
In the 70s ... a holden kingswood was "worth" about 4 times or more, its retail price in spare parts ...

In the 80s ... A mitsubishi jerry can to fit in the factory fitted holder was "worth" about $300.00

$77k today for a tricky, over teched engine - bought over an OE spareparts counter is probably a good deal by comparison.

Presumed overpricing of genuine spare parts is nothing new - with any brand ... neither is issues after a warranty period.

Personally I am amazed that such long warranties are provided on overworking smaller engined and "could fail at any time" electronic vehicles ... Used to be 12mnth/20,000klm when wear rates could be calculated on metal to metal items and things like waterpumps were standardised on models for years so that they had a known life expectancy. ( and production cost cutting )

Long warranties are a sales gimmick IMHO ... not a verification of the vehicle quality ... Interesting that the hallowed toyota brand was one of the last to start playing the longer warranty game ... wonder why that was ??? .... being such a great brand and all .....

Last edited by carvesdodo; 19-01-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread