Grand Willys Project - Page 236 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-05-2020
LokRinger

Liked 1,761 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD4FUN View Post
Have watched this build from start and still amazed at your workmanship you have a truly incredible talent
Wish I had the time and space to start a build of my own, possibly one day I will.
Watching this is truly inspirational.
Love the use and modification of the old school tappet covers that’s the bees knees and agree with the direction you have chosen as it is a modern well built body on frame ride with all the old school looks and charm including engine finishes can’t wait to see it finished and painted.
But good thinks take time patients and testing.
Have watched this build from start and still amazed at your workmanship you have truly incredible
Wish I had the time and space to start a build of my own, possibly one day I will.
Watching this is truly inspirational.
Love the use and modification of the old school tappet covers that’s the bees knees and agree with the direction you have chosen as it is a modern well built body on frame ride with all the old school looks and charm including engine finishes can’t wait to see it finished and painted.
But good thinks take time patients and testing.
Great to hear from you. Thank you mate.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 27-05-2020
LokRinger

I tried the gravel tray at many different heights until I was happy. This is the position I have decided on. It is sitting 19mm-3/4" higher in front of the grille than before, but still leaving more distance from the bottom of the slots to tray.

Bumper back on to finally see if it was worth it or not. The distance from the slots to the top of the tray is now half that of slots to the top of the grille. This is the same proportions as the stock 48 flat nose grille which is different to the 58 pointy nose grille.

Ok, just put together a before and after. About 20 shots it took to get it as close as I could, even brought the dog in! So left the overall height of the grille the same, but shortened the slots by 50mm-2". Then raised the stone tray 19mm-3/4". Also the grille mesh has been added which helps more in the flesh than it does in these photos. I think it doesn't need the horizontal grilles bars to be added as well anymore.

My web site:
Old 27-05-2020
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

A subtle difference but I think the proportions look much better now and I agree it doesn't need the horizontal bars now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 27-05-2020
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
A subtle difference but I think the proportions look much better now and I agree it doesn't need the horizontal bars now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it Dave.

My web site:
Old 28-05-2020
LokRinger

Video update.
https://youtu.be/AFzSAVa48nY

My web site:
Old 31-05-2020
LokRinger

This is my actual license plate that I will be running on the Willys. I ordered these 2 days after I won the auction to buy the first Willys Truck back in 2007! Was a couple of months before I even got to see the Truck in the flesh for the first time, and 12 months before I brought it home. I wanted WILLYS but that was already taken, so we decided on WLLYS as was the closest. WILYS was also available, but thought people might think it was someone's name. I'd rather run no front plate but unfortunately have to. Which position do people prefer as we cannot decide?

My web site:
Old 31-05-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Licence plate : first pic, middle under the bumper