What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 238 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-02-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

Today I got kicked into high gear to find the cooling fan maps.
I talked to a local guy that says he identified the maps but wants double what I paid for my ECU tune to tune it.
5% duty cycle for a large section of the map and the 106*C threshold for max speed are good starting points to identify the map.
Old 01-03-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 279 Times in 223 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
5% duty cycle for a large section of the map and the 106*C threshold for max speed are good starting points to identify the map.
It is more than just coolant temperature. The strategy also takes into account transmission temp, battery temp and aircon system pressure.
Old 02-03-2022
Lowranger Shocker

There are two 2-d maps and two 3-d maps along with other blocks in determining the hydro fan speed target
I haven't gone into too much detail in the document from which I took the screenshot but the info is there, it's a detailed description of the EDC15 functions. I've been too busy with the new house build.

I'll get to the bottom of it, as I always say, the guys that figured it out just had some more info, I can't be dumber than them.

Mercedes uses a PWM controlled fan, the control logic is the same as per the document, just the maps are different and in different locations compared to the Jeep.

Last edited by Adrian D; 02-03-2022 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2022
Lowranger Shocker

The maps were already identified by automatic map detection, I just did not open all of the automatically identified maps to check. Dumb...
I asked someone for some help, he modified it and I will test it as soon as I have some spare time:

Left is modified, right is original. This seems to be the base cooling request map.

The guy that did my tune for more power changed the 87*C Y axis point to 90*C. Strange....

You can see that only starting at 106*C we get the maximum values on the map.

For testing I'll just adjust the Y axis, to get it to kick in at let's say 70*C and if that works, then I know for sure the map works and I can tweak it a bit myself.
Old 09-03-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

How is the house going? Are you doing the work yourself? Hope your far enough away from Putins nasty war to be safe.
Old 09-03-2022
Lowranger Shocker

We're quite close but being part of NATO, we should be safe. There are tons of NATO troops in military bases around the country and around Europe...

House build is moving along as planned, I've only done the sewage plumbing myself, no time for constructions with the job and a 1 year old keeping me busy.

The plan is to work on the interiors with my father in law, as that kind of work is very expensive.

Material prices are through the roof and keep going up, so we're burning through the budget fast stocking up on stuff to avoid price hikes. Last week we had to buy the attic windows because there was a price change starting the 1st of March.

2-car garage with a spot for a scissor lift and a work ditch:

Sort of an overview:
Old 09-03-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looks like a good start, and the garage with the work pit and lift
will make things easy!
Your weather will be getting warmer soon which should help with the build.Make sure you post up pics as it progresses.
Glad that your part of NATO! Take care mate.
Post New Thread  Reply