WK2 - Front recovery hooks ? - Page 26 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all. I'm a new member, hopefully back in a Jeep for the first time since 2000. Ordered a CRD Overland with ORAG in January and still waiting for delivery. As I intend to use the Jeep off-road I will be needing the recovery hook fitted. Anyone know how much the dealers are charging?
Old 12-06-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dmad View Post
Who else out there has had the new recovery hook supplied free as I have just had to pay for mine and my dealer will not front up with anything and like normal are not interested in trying to go any further up the chain with it.
Thanks to this forum I have found more information than any dealership has been able to provide.

WK2 GC Deisel Laredo
Hey 4dmad.

I'm hoping to pick up my WK GC CRD this week and my dealer said that they recovery hook would be fitted free of charge at the dealership before I pick it up. That seems outrageous that you should have to pay if others don't and especially considering it's Jeep's mistake.

I know this probably doesn't help but this was sent to me by my Jeep dealer:

'Below is are excerpts from the most recent bulletin.
>
> Subject: WK RECOVERY HOOKS
> Bulletin Number: GN-01-193
> Group (If Applicable): N/A
> Bulletin Originator: JAMES DI BERARDINO
> Date: 04th June 2012
>
> RE: WK NUDGE BAR, RECOVERY HOOK AND BRACKET OVERVIEW
> Please deliver this bulletin to all sales, parts and service staff
members.
> Here is an overview of the WK Nudge bar, recovery hook and bracket kits.
> There are 2 versions of the WK GRAND CHEROKEE relevant to this parts
> purchase:
> PEDESTRIAN SAFETY (LATE 2011> -NO FIXED TOW HOOKS)
> NON PEDESTIAN SAFETY (EARLY 2011 -FIXED TOW HOOKS)
>
> The parts list on the next page also has reference to Ped Safe and Non Ped
> Safe. You will notice this in the part description when ordering.
> Please note with the accessory recovery hooks there is NO provision for
dual
> recovery hooks.
> ONLY LHF/PASSENGER SIDE is available.'
Old 12-06-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it is a total scam and don't think that there would be half the problems out there if they had better dealerships.
I just paid $357 for the new recovery hook (1-2 weeks for delivery) not fitted. They want extra to fit which I didn't bother asking for a price.Will fit myself.
The new nudge bar mounting brackets are $600 (not fitted) and another $150 for the recovery hook that fits that. Still no stock for either of those parts yet though.

It all just seems to be a money making excercise for something they know we have no other option (yet).

On the upside, it will be good to get off road with a little peace of mind I can be recovered from the front.
Old 12-06-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hear ya. I was worried about getting on the beach without a recovery point but hopefully that won't be an issue now.

As for the dealership and charging issue, I think there were some forum entries earlier in this thread regarding finding out about our consumer rights from the ACCC or the ombudsman.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile going back though or seeing if anyone else has had any luck with this. It's certainly not right having to pay for something that should have been standard issue.
Old 12-06-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

4dmad - your signature says you have a 2011 model, in which case it comes standard with 2 front recovery hooks. If you really meant 2012, then the situation is that if you ordered the car BEFORE Nov 2011, and you had a reasonable expectation of front hooks (i.e. the only vehicles they could show you had them) then Chrysler will fit a tow hook or nudge bar for free. Talk to Chrysler, not the dealer. It is not the dealers fault, unless they failed to inform you after Nov 2011.

Around Nov 2011 it was realised that the tow hooks had been deleted, and all the brouchures were changed, and dealers notified. After this date there is no free option.

BTW - it should also include free AT tyres if you are entitled to a hook.

Last edited by mhillman; 12-06-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for that, I will get onto Chrysler.
Yes I ordered it in July last year and took delivery 29 December which was when I found that it had no hooks. The dealer did not inform me of anything. I pointed out all the missing bits when I walked around it in the showroom (I ordered towbar, nudgebar, quadralift). Long story but I ended up with it.
Over 10000kms now and love it.
Old 12-06-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone got a number to call for Chrysler? I need to do the same thing - Dealer is basically ignoring my requests to even call to find out.
Post New Thread  Reply