What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2664 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg View Post
here is a tip I learned, which is helpful for women and girls that get fully phobic when they see spiderwebs on their exterior mirror

WD40, (or any similar petroleum like product) will not only prevent rust, but totally discourage spiders, which are strongly resistant to many pesticides
so after slightly mocking our fellow XJ owner, I was pulling parts out of an old rusted MKVII Jaguar (they share many parts with '50s XK Jags which are $100k+ cars), so I have sprayed a bunch of WD40 in to ease getting the old nuts off, and there is spider webs, damm me if I dont see a redback staggering around looking very sickly. So i sprayed a heap more WD40 in there, waited a bit, then continued on with the job
Old 23-02-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

I drove my mainly stock XJ through Sydney's M4 Motorway on Tuesday. Not normally a big deal but the rain conditions were unprecedented for Sydney.

In my view, the prime movers were the only vehicles travelling too quickly for the conditions. I guess they have deadlines.

I was trying to manage 80km/h with the 27 year old wiper motors working at max speed, while the trucks were roaring through the overtaking lane at near 100 km/h. Being high up in a cab, they had the better visibility, but I would argue their stopping power (if tested) would have been average with so much water around.

In one instance, a wall of water was sent 5m into the air on the other side of the concrete divider. It was like slow motion waiting for it to land on top of my XJ Sport ... like concrete.

I must hand it to everyone out there for not getting a wheel wrong in those conditions to cause a pile up. Visibility was poor from the rain, flooding and spray. It was white knuckle driving for at least 30 mins and the heavy rain would NOT let up.

The new windscreen seal I had installed (recently) did not allow a single droplet to enter the cabin. I felt secure with the FT 4WD and the Silent Armor Goodyear tyres stuck to the pavement well.
Old 25-02-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

not a thing , my xj is resting peacefully in the shed, 28 years and 450,000k's

hasn't missed a beat, BUT if i start it my dog is out like a shot and sits patiently by the drivers door hahah

the wk2 is doing main duty now
Old 31-03-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Fixed the loose arm rest lid (about time), lock doesn't work which is supposedly normal from what I hear 🤣
Old 21-06-2022
Full Flexer

I pulled up the rear bench to check on my tyre changing equipment. I had not done this for a very long time. To my surprise, I found a large quantity of well preserved crumbs relating to a wide range of snack foods. They were still crispy.

Survival tip: If people are ever stranded in the desert and run out of food, they could open up the XJ rear bench and eat for days until help arrives. It could get someone a lucrative deal with a snack foods company for when the story appears on 60mins.

I started the trusty 35 year old Hoover vacuum cleaner that does garage/car duty, and must have filled up the whole dust bag.

I need to vacuum more often.
Old 22-06-2022
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,590 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksjay View Post
I pulled up the rear bench to check on my tyre changing equipment. I had not done this for a very long time. To my surprise, I found a large quantity of well preserved crumbs relating to a wide range of snack foods. They were still crispy.

Survival tip: If people are ever stranded in the desert and run out of food, they could open up the XJ rear bench and eat for days until help arrives. It could get someone a lucrative deal with a snack foods company for when the story appears on 60mins.

I started the trusty 35 year old Hoover vacuum cleaner that does garage/car duty, and must have filled up the whole dust bag.

I need to vacuum more often.

You have had a rodent (mouse) problem in the past.
Maybe replace the snacks with Ratsack?
Old 22-06-2022
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
You have had a rodent (mouse) problem in the past.
Maybe replace the snacks with Ratsack?
Funny. I keep my cars garaged, and the windows are always up due to the other critters (snakes and huntsman/huntswomen). Impossible for mice and rats to get into the car itself. I regularly check what's under the hood though.
Post New Thread  Reply