driving with your doors off = cops - Page 27 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Years ago an off duty police officer caught a couple having sex in their car in a public car park. Once it reached court the magistrate threw the charge out ! Commenting that an empty car park at 3 am in the morning wasn't an indecent act in public !!!!. Sorry guys, but reading all of this thread again was starting spin my head so I thought I would put this out there.
Old 25-08-2009
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootBushy View Post
It is possible to buy a JK without a hard top. Not possible to buy one without doors.
please re read my post....ROOF was stated not hard or soft top... does that mean that you shoudn't drive around without your soft top on?

doors and roof are only to protect against the elements. read the sticker in the car.
Old 25-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootBushy View Post
It is possible to buy a JK without a hard top. Not possible to buy one without doors.
just as you can buy a convertible sports car, which must comply with the australian ADRs before it gets a compliance plate. whether or what it complies with overseas or what the handbook says is irelevent
Old 25-08-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hell it's only 12 bolts to remove the body off the chassis....

Hmmm... looks like I'll be going tubless. I mean what's a couple of little bolts that can be removed with simple tools?

Leave the doors on, on road. It is not legal or safe, and those that do get caught are making the rest of us a target!!
Old 25-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
Years ago an off duty police officer caught a couple having sex in their car in a public car park. Once it reached court the magistrate threw the charge out ! Commenting that an empty car park at 3 am in the morning wasn't an indecent act in public !!!!. Sorry guys, but reading all of this thread again was starting spin my head so I thought I would put this out there.
but he may have been in decent perhaps
Old 25-08-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Barbie View Post
I drive a tj and had tube doors on, with both mirrors relocated drove through Ipswich and past about 20 cops all standing together, watching cars go past at willowbank on saturday morning, all looked at me, i smiled and waved and they smiled and nodded back. When i headed home on sunday, they had the road blocked off cos of willowbank raceway, and again, same thing, cops smiled and nodded
Yeah, but they would be too busy checking you out to even notice if your Jeep had wheels
I suspect if they saw tube doors they would probably be less likely to chase you as if youhad no doors as you have obviosly taken steps to keep passengers withing the vehicle, whether they are legal or not, possibly not unless they had some ADR approval stamped on them somewhere.
It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand............

Last edited by BrisNut; 25-08-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 25-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
doors and roof are only to protect against the elements. read the sticker in the car.
Therein lies the crux of the whole matter, the stickers all over the top header rail, the brochures & websites all advertising doors/roof off for our driving pleasure.

Sorry, I can't see the connection between some Joe Bloe taking their whole roof & doors off (as per very the reason/s that may have influenced their buying decision to purchase such a fun, even "cult" car amongst the teens of today in the first place) making it bad for highly modded Jeeps

Nor can I come to terms with the fact that an "idiot" who chooses to do that is any more or less of an idiot than someone who may choose to lift their car many more inches than is legal, let alone the safety ramifications that come with that ... there's reasons that's not allowed and, unlike the doors issue, those many reasons are clearly & concisely set out in the ADR so there is no room for error, discussion or grey areas