Brand new BA rear disc conversion. - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Now thats hot. Big brake envy is every mans worst nightmare

I wanted to keep these things so bad when I was selling my Honda as I could adapt them to just about anything, but the guy wouldnt buy the car without them !!

Old 09-01-2007
LokRinger

Liked 1,768 Times in 560 Posts

Well all apart from the handbrake is now finished.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 15-01-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2007
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

hurry up then

it looks good, when will it be available to jo public?
Old 09-01-2007
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

if i read the first post i can order one now, any idea on cost (gota budget for it)?
Old 09-01-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

very very nice work go jeep guess im on the look out for a new set of wheels so i can get sum new brakes the one thing ive always wanted discs allround.
Old 09-01-2007
LokRinger

I noticed that the eBay ad for both front and rear was a $1000 more than the front on their own so guess just the rears will be a little more than that. There is a lot of time machining things like drilling the flange holes in the backing plates, opening up the centre hole, shaving a little off the mount bosses as well as removing part of the BA ABS mount. The spacers have to be milled down to the right thickness as well as drilling the flange holes and milling the centre bore. The seal spacer rings are fully machined on a CNC mill both inside and out and paired off at the exact width needed and then sent off to be plated. Even the rotors get the centre hole taken out a touch to fit the Jeep axle and get slotted and then plated. The braided lines have to be made and tested at high pressure and even the hard ine end get a small mod on the mill so it fits into the stainless steel bracket plus a special blocking plug for the extra port. The 8 grade 8 bolts to bolt it to the axle aren't cheap along with the 4 12.9 grade ones to bolt the caliper to the backing plate. Even the included handbrake lines are going to be worth around $200 I am told and I still have to design them along with the brackets to hold the cables which will have to be welded and plated. Of course there is also the expense of the calipers themselves as well as the new pads to go along with them. That is just what I can think of on the top of my head!

My web site:
Old 09-01-2007
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB87U
if i read the first post i can order one now, any idea on cost (gota budget for it)?
You order direct now but it might be a week before they send out as I have to fit in some tests for the doctors to see if I have a hole in my heart before I can sit my scuba exam. Email them at: competitionengineering@optusnet.com.au
Need your help too for the TJ owners to work out the handbrake cable length. Can someone please measure vertically from the bolt ring part of the diff cover to the floor and then forward to where the outer hand brake cable housing ends. I just need that distance in the horizontal plane. I then need the length of the inner that is exposed from there to its end please. These two measurements will give me the position of where the outer starts under the floor in relation to the back of the rear axle.

My web site:
Post New Thread  Reply