AUSJEEP 2008 East Coast Jamboree - Sept 25th – 29th - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Events and Competitions
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Would you attend the Ausjeep 2008 East Coast Jambo
Yes 115 84.56%
No 21 15.44%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-01-2008
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: None

i didnt read the whole letter but it was something to do with the water authority over there wanting the land (4x4 tracks and property) to build a lake, damn or something....
Old 16-01-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Anyone know why the WA Jambo was cancelled?
Check this...
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=74193
Old 16-01-2008
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Count me in for sure!!!
Old 16-01-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jimmy will DC be supporting this event? Agree with Rog, 150 is a low number, I would think may be 200+.
Old 16-01-2008
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: None

im pumped for this if i get a heep WA was way to far to drive but this could be a goer!!!!
Old 16-01-2008
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Anyone know why the WA Jambo was cancelled?

Taken from the JOCWA forum:

It is with much regret JOCWA must issue the following attached statement,

From the office of the Oz Jeep Jamboree 2008
15th January 2008

Dear Jeep Enthusiast,

We are writing this letter to inform you of the status of the 2008 Jeep Jamboree scheduled to be held in Western Australia on September 25th – 29th 2008. It is with much regret we announce the cancellation of this event. The decision to cancel this National event has been the subject of considerable discussion within the Jamboree Committee and is based on a number of factors, some of which are discussed below. We trust the timing of this announcement will allow sufficient time for those of you planning to travel from the East Coast to re-schedule your holidays.

Some of the factors that weighed heavily in making this decision were:

• The closure of a significant area of recreational 4WD tracks as part of the resumption of Lake Brockman and surrounds by the Water Authority. The Authority intends to turn this popular recreational lake and surrounds into a dam and water catchment for drinking water. The surrounding area is quite large and this closure stops access to a number of tracks we intended to utilize during the Jamboree.

• Uncertainty regarding access to the area we planned to use for the gymkhana, novelty events, and as a staging point for the trips. This area was to be the subject of a lease-hold. While we have a commitment from the appropriate authority that we will be given access to the property we still do not know the overall area we will be able to use and there is no possibility of a lease before the event. This effects what we can plan for at that site.

• The number of volunteers committed to the event is far below the level required to complete a successful national event.

• Due to the lease issue no camping is allowed at the Club site in Harvey. The limited number of sites and rooms available in Harvey and the imminent closure of the Lake Brockman Resort and Caravan Park (as mentioned above) mean the only site large enough to accommodate all the Jamboree attendees together is Lake Navarino Resort in Waroona (the entire resort has been booked for the Jamboree). This site is 25 kilometers from the main Jamboree area in Harvey where most of the events / trips would start. With the closure of so many 4WD tracks in the Lake Brockman area (between Waroona and Harvey) a number of trips would need to be relocated South of Harvey requiring more traveling time. The feedback we received suggested the traveling required would be a significant factor in people registering for the event.

The decision to cancel the Jamboree comes at considerable cost to the Jeep Club of WA (lost deposits totaling many $1000’s, expenditure for trophies, etc) and personal costs to the small band of dedicated volunteers who have spent much time and fuel dollars setting up trips, organizing venues etc, and has not been taken lightly. We are saddened that so many of you will not have the opportunity to experience Western Australia in the best way, by Jeep and secondly, Western Australian’s new to Jeeping have missed a special event on their own doorstep, many of us look forward to meeting many of you at the next Jamboree wherever that may be.

Regards,

Jeep Jamboree 2008

And due to time and distance I wont be there!!

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Old 16-01-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would be in, that would be awsome. Missed the last couple due to work and baby commitements and this would be a great fit!

Also if you need a hand with organising I will happily help.

JTO

Last edited by Jeeptheone; 16-01-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply