Vinyl car wraps - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-05-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Looked into this a bit more last week. Spoke to the guys who do the ozicozi in Artarmon (Surfacetech) and they seem really good to deal with. Also spoke to a place in Brookvale who are now doing it as well but they clearly weren't interested in the business.....their loss. The guys in Artarmon quoted under $2k to get it buffed (to get rid of the current bush pin striping), get some decals applied for my business and then apply the ozicozi clear product over the top (down both sides and across the bonnet). That's way cheaper than I had been quoted elsewhere getting them done individually. And the added bonus is they could do it all in one day (instead of 3 days to get each part done individually) which is worth it in itself, even if they weren't offering a better deal. They obviously have the cutting templates for the JK now to be able to do it that quickly. I'm going to get it done over the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know how I get on but first impressions are very good.

They also do coloured wraps. Have a look on their website (www.ozicozi.com.au). They've got pictures of a matt black wrapped 100 series and loads of other stuff including a Lambo' that someone wanted to change from black to matt white.
Old 20-05-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
Looked into this a bit more last week. Spoke to the guys who do the ozicozi in Artarmon (Surfacetech) and they seem really good to deal with. Also spoke to a place in Brookvale who are now doing it as well but they clearly weren't interested in the business.....their loss. The guys in Artarmon quoted under $2k to get it buffed (to get rid of the current bush pin striping), get some decals applied for my business and then apply the ozicozi clear product over the top (down both sides and across the bonnet). That's way cheaper than I had been quoted elsewhere getting them done individually. And the added bonus is they could do it all in one day (instead of 3 days to get each part done individually) which is worth it in itself, even if they weren't offering a better deal. They obviously have the cutting templates for the JK now to be able to do it that quickly. I'm going to get it done over the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know how I get on but first impressions are very good.

They also do coloured wraps. Have a look on their website (www.ozicozi.com.au). They've got pictures of a matt black wrapped 100 series and loads of other stuff including a Lambo' that someone wanted to change from black to matt white.
There are several different types of vinyl but that's quite a good deal considering you're adding your business decals also plus all in one day? That's gold! Can't wait to see pics...
Old 29-06-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

id go carbon fibre wrap
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Old 14-08-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Well, finally got around to getting this done today. All looks good so far. Got decals on the front doors and all 3 hard top windows and then the ozicozi clear vinyl wrap along both sides and across the bonnet to stop the branches pulling the decals and paint off! Just got to go back later and finish off a few small sections like the A pillars but they managed to get most of it done in a day.

The clear ozicozi vinyl over the top of the decals not only protects them but adds a lot of depth to the colours so they stand out a lot more. It looks great.

I'll post up some pics over the next few days. it was too dark to get any tonight by the time I got home.
Old 14-08-2012
JEEPOHOLIC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Paul can you put some pics here.
Old 14-08-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

pics or it didn't happen
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5
Old 15-08-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Here you go, a few shots. Had the paintwork buffed up first to get rid of the scratches I'd acquired then the decals applied and the ozicozi clear vinyl over the top of that. The windows are just decals though, no clear cover. If they get scratched up I can get them replaced easily enough.

The door decals look great under the clear. Adds a lot of depth to the colour.

The back window was a little tricky as it's a bloody awkward shape to try and fill

Not 100% happy with the red on the back window as it doesn't stand out like it does on the doors. Might have to rethink that bit but otherwise I was pleased with them.

Here you can see the clear vinyl as it's cutaway around the door handle. It's quite thick stuff, designed as a stone guard but works well against bush pin striping as well.

Now just got to get some new side steps/sliders sorted out! Nearly fell flat on my face getting out of the car the other day as I stepped out expecting the side steps to be there, forgetting that I'd taken them off. Pleased it was in my garage so nobody saw.

Last edited by Paul-JK; 15-08-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply