Rear 12V power - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-10-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts

More pics:

The cable to the rear outlet is the one with the yellow crimp lugs connecting it to the battery. The other fuse connected to the battery goes to the tow bar I'm led to believe.
The join from the fuse to the 6mm˛ cable is soldered and the two connections on the outlet are also soldered.
From the battery the cable runs between the guard and TIPM (below the PCM) down to the grommet on the passenger side of the firewall next to the hood release cable. Made small slits in the inner and outer skin of the grommet to pull the cable through, kept the slits small so they would be tight against the cable.
From there it runs behind the kick panel and trims at the bottom of the doors and up behind the boot trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Be careful with the wiring like this, because sometime it's make the module of Cherokee
not work properly, if you have this problem,you may disconnect the fridge and try to install the second battery with the good battery isolator. I already got this problem,because every time the fridge restart it use about 7 amp.
This is completely seperate to the vehicle wiring. All they share is the battery. I can't see it causing any problem at all except for a flat battery if you don't use it wisely.

Old 28-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Forgot to mention, I left the fridge connected all afternoon yesterday and overnight. The Waeco was still running this morning (hadn't cut out on voltage protection) and the CRD turned over as easily as normal. Very happy. Was ready to pinch the wife's car to get to work though lol
Old 28-10-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Nice job fairmont, I'll be copying that. To keep things tidy at the battery I'm planning the same as btaylor by using a fuse/junction box so that each outlet or device has its own fuse and all in the same location (panel below steering). Also where did you buy the cable and bits please? Thanks.

Old 29-10-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi fairmont 1998
Appreciate photos about wiring & fuse,now I have better idea about this project.I shall copy as soon as I have some spare time.
Thanking u
jackaroo100
Perth
Old 29-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Glad to help, and thanks for the feedback

I agree too Peter about the fuses, if I add any more accessories to the battery I'll remove the two fuses there now and wire them all in to a small fuse panel that I can locate at the battery. I like things tidy.

I bought the cable, fuse holder, fuses and 12V outlet all at the "Home of 12 Volt" shop here in Adelaide. You can buy online from them too at http://www.homeof12volt.com.au/ The flush mount socket and fuse holders aren't on their site, but give them a ring. Very helpful store.
Old 31-10-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Thanks for the info fairmont, what's peoples opinion on cabling? I can't see the point in running twin core to each outlet or device (UHF, lights, etc) when the neutral is already in the body. Has anyone experience that suggests there's a benefit? Cheers.
Old 09-01-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Fairmont for posting the pics, I have duplicated your system exactly and am very happy with the result.

Regards
Ndegi
Post New Thread  Reply