got a idea. - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

believe it or not but i really am not a tight ass its not about that at all. if its not a money making venture then what are the donations for and why would they even bother doing it? i dont know if jimmy makes alot of money or no money from the site and to be honest thats his business only and i dont care either way. to join the 4wd club and go on outings like the one last week here in perth to wedge you have to join and pay for a year.
Old 01-05-2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave08 View Post
its us that makes this site what it is the forum users. because we come here everyday and read and write posts that the sponsors look at it and think its a good investment to advertise on here. imagine if there was double the amount of members on here that there are today. the sponsors would pay more to put there logo or add here because of the volume of people here. on the other side what if we all decided not to use the site anymore then the sponsors would leave as well. every person i haqve ever spoken to who has a jeep i have asked if there on this site and i tell them they should join. i havnt actually met anyone yet since i joined that was on the site already.
We dont want adds, and if they are there they are minimal and relevant. AJOR crushes scum.

Quote:
believe it or not but i really am not a tight ass its not about that at all. if its not a money making venture then what are the donations for and why would they even bother doing it? i dont know if jimmy makes alot of money or no money from the site and to be honest thats his business only and i dont care either way. to join the 4wd club and go on outings like the one last week here in perth to wedge you have to join and pay for a year.
Are you ********ing for real, This is the type of user the JK is branging to our ranks , You need to embrace the jeeping spirit put ya hand in ya pocket and support the site that supports you. It looks to me you are questioning the integrity of the donation system its pretty obvious were the money goes everytime you log in.

YOU ARE A ********ING TIGHT ARSE STOP BEING A ****** JUNKIE POLE SMOKER AND DONATE

Last edited by azasjeep; 01-05-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2008
LIVING IN THE OUTBACK

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a classic Y generation DINK { double income no kids } attitude. Give me what I want now like a 5 year old spitting the dummie because he didn't get a lollie .........They just forget the world is round and one of these days they will realise what goes round comes round....Apologies in advance to all the hard working Y gen who probably make up at least 50 - 60 % of this forum.
Old 01-05-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aza, you're a F*kin' champ!
Old 01-05-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
when you get your car serviced and the mechanic puts the sticker on the back of your car to say who they are do you leave it on?
but you just paid that mechanic for his servces. therefore he has made money of you, so he can afford to put a sticker on your car

what have you paid ajor for? nothing..... you get everything from the joint and then you want more for free....

just buy the damn sticker...... or better still, donate some money to keep the site running
Old 01-05-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what have you paid ajor for? nothing..... you get everything from the joint and then you want more for free....

i dont see ajor paying for my car, my computer, my power to run it, or the internet. i can get advise from here.

your all missing the point. this is a way where if it did happen we could double the amount of members in here for the sake of a bloody sticker.

and apparently i am a DINK or something. i work 60 hours a week on a 9inch grinder. its the crappiest job i have ever had and i am doing it so i can buy a house because i just had a little boy 6 months ago i work as hard for my money as any of you do.

anyway like i said it was just a idea you dont like it thats cool no skin off my nose and you can think of me what you want i am not on the planet to please everyone and just because you think i am a tight ass or any other thing you have called me its not going to stop me going out on the weekends and going 4wding. and i will still if i talk to any jeepers that arnt on here i will still tell them to join.
Old 01-05-2008
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

You reached china yet Dave?
Just increasing the number of non-contributing members does not help AJOR. and it does increase the cost of operating the site.
So then the burden is passed along to the vendors alone (unless YOU expect JB to to be reaching into his pocket for YOU).
Now since your new I'll let you into a little secret - quite a few sponsors have been & gone from AJOR. There are a number of reasons for this but remember a lot of what is covered here is not always in the best interest of the vendors.
For vendors that run workshops, a lot of the threads are about DIY etc.....
For vendors that are retail a lot of thread are about where to get products as cheap as possible (and a lot of times refers to non-supporting &/or overseas shops), group buys etc.
For any vendor then there is also the fickle nature of forums, which can do a lot of good or a LOT of damage to a business....

So it's a double edged sword. And for some it's just been easier to just withdraw from the entire thing. Also I hate to break it to you but the aussie Jeep market is a LOT smaller than you seem to think.

Anyhow my point is, if you enjoy the site, YOU (& other members) should think about how much the sites is worth to you and reach into your pocket and at least contribute that much.....
Thats my 2cents but at least my money is where my mouth is.......
Post New Thread  Reply