HPFP Recall in the US - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2022
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Interesting, tricky wording. This implies that the very early 2011-2012 diesel's didn't have the HPFP pump. So the build date could be very important.

Mine is a MY13 with a plated build date of Nov 2012 (pre-the HPFP pump introduction according to that document), yet my VIN comes up in the search. Clear as mud.
Old 18-06-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

A quick fix will be in order until they sort out the supply issues.
Will be a sticky pad and some cable ties to hold it together until parts arrive.
Old 18-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebreakerbob View Post
it should be programmed into the start procedure to wait till low pressure fuel has come up before continuing to start,

Bob
Don,t know if it is of any interest, my JGC is a 2016 and when cold or been sitting for a couple of days, when I hit the go button you can hear the pump running then when fuel pressure is up to where it needs to be it automatically cranks over and fires into life, but when its been run and you shut it down, next hit of the go button and it cranks and fires instantly.

When I change fuel filters I always prime the filters, foot off brake, touch the stop/start and let the pump do its job, always do it twice, with a couple of minutes in between
Old 18-06-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Fuel n oil filters and fresh oil every 10k....air every 20k unless it needs a swap out with a check during that 10k service...others maintain at a higher rate (less k's)....has worked for me for 40+yrs...I'll stick with it...no judgement against others 'service cycles'
I let my fuel filters go a little longer as they're expensive little buggers, air doesn't need too often unless I've been on super dusty trips and behind other rigs. Oil and filter I try to do around every 5k
Old 19-06-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,949 Times in 2,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Interesting, tricky wording. This implies that the very early 2011-2012 diesel's didn't have the HPFP pump. So the build date could be very important.

Mine is a MY13 with a plated build date of Nov 2012 (pre-the HPFP pump introduction according to that document), yet my VIN comes up in the search. Clear as mud.

I would say from reading other information that its for all VM Motori 3lt A630/L630 engines, I would be going by the ViN listing recal list, a typo on a month isn't unheard of with these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
Don,t know if it is of any interest, my JGC is a 2016 and when cold or been sitting for a couple of days, when I hit the go button you can hear the pump running then when fuel pressure is up to where it needs to be it automatically cranks over and fires into life, but when its been run and you shut it down, next hit of the go button and it cranks and fires instantly.

When I change fuel filters I always prime the filters, foot off brake, touch the stop/start and let the pump do its job, always do it twice, with a couple of minutes in between
That means all is running well, first start pump up pressure and glow plugs doing their thing, next time pump runs the usual short time, no need for glow so away she fires, its when there's a long delay before firing on a normal warm day that I would be getting worried....... I think it will be over a year before we see anything of this recall actually..... I might just start looking for a local stock of these pumps, if mine goes Jeep will certainly be getting a bill and it was nice to see the yanks will cover more than the pump unlike GM.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 19-06-2022 at 05:42 AM.
Old 21-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Aus dealers were apparently made aware this week, but no parts available yet (understandably) and not taking any bookings until next year at this stage.

Old 21-06-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 201 Times in 107 Posts

Before DPF's we could have just added some 2 stroke oil. I have used a fuel condition for a long time in my diesel I even use it in my new Toyo 7GR-FKS v6 engine with direct injection.
Not sure if it really works or is just snake oil but it helps me sleep better.
Post New Thread  Reply