TJ featured in 4x4 Australia - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2002
Not a very good stuntmam

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Default TJ featured in 4x4 Australia

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Yank:
Yeah things sure have changed in the last two years or so haven't they!
Yet on the front cover of one of the Aussie 4wd mags this month is a shootout between... you guessed it... a cruiser & a GQ!
Old 12-08-2002
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With all this media coverage one would be mistaken in thinking that the 4WD jurnos have finally come to their scences and finally realised that 4WDing isnt all GU's and 100 series :D
Old 12-08-2002
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Damn land barges... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2002
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All you tunnel visioned Jeepers need to have a look around. What IS the MOST popular 4x4`s out there? Toyotas and then Nissans. How would it be if the mags never had them in their mag? Good I can hear you all say but seirously think about it. Yes I do get sick of seeing heaps of them in mags but just have a look at the new 4x4 sales there are more Toyota`s sold then any other 4x4 out there.
You all bitch and carry on about not getting enough coverage but think about suzi`s I haven`t noticed one in the mag I buy for a long time now, well apart from one getting built up by the editor and Kurmit.

Here is a thought for you all. The Ateco Warn Winch Challenge. How many Nissan were there in it? Well most of the field was Range Rovers and Nissans There was only 2 or 3 Toyotas and 2 or 3 Jeeps. Now the Photographer knows about them rigs so probly at some stage will get pics of them for features. Have you been getting your Jeep out so that they even know it is around? They only know about the rigs being used for comps or if YOU send them some pics of it with a list of the details then if it is good enough they might do a feature of it.
Old 12-08-2002
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

OK who's guess Guts password & logged on as him??
That's gotta be one of the most factual posts I've seen ya post. I agree.
Sure I'd like to see more Jeeps in the Mag - but conversely I like having a Jeep because it's different for the norm - I think if I was in the US I'd be in an FJ40 [img]redface.gif[/img]
As for the coverage - I think Jeeps do get a fair coverage - even if they are sometimes inaccurate on small details...But then again I'd bet there's as many errors with 'yotas & datsuns too - just we don't know them well enough to pick the errors.
Old 12-08-2002

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

My point was not about the guys Jeep as it is not my taste but he has done a good job for what he wants but the mags dont help to show things in the best light.

sure the owner would have helped himself if he disco the sway bar if he wanted a flex shot but maybe this one would have been better without a flex shot at all or another camera angle

It is horses for course a flex shot of Peter Kincades is great but this jeep was built very different

I am happy with the number of jeeps in most mags compared to the % of Jeeps sold in AUS as Guts pointed out what I dont like is stories that are just a waste of space or are presented in the wrong light street jeeps are street jeeps and the guys who build them like them and that is all that matters but why not show it off in a a car park and show off the custom work [img]graemlins/soapbox.gif[/img]

[ 13 August 2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: AussieCJ7 ]
Old 13-08-2002
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and I thought I was going to get flamedd for posting that :confused:
Post New Thread  Reply