TJ: Boofs Jeep - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2010
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booflux View Post
After spending Saturday wheeling I decided that I would spend Sunday giving it a good go over and really good clean. So I did including cleaning and respraying under the truck in gloss black as well. I then went and grabbed my Lightforce 170s, and 140s out of the shed and fitted them up and wired them in. I then went to work pulling the front bar off to get the winch and winch plate all mounted up. Wired it all up gave it a test and went and grabbed the wifes camera.
LOL you managed all that in one day? As soon as my TJ is out of the garage my kids are all over it and i can't get anything done with them crawling all over the jeep.

Looks shmick
Old 09-07-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeh mate the kids have learnt to know when I am working and when I am just wasting time, they usually help if its the latter
Old 11-07-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Myself and some mates headed up to Cruiser Park on Saturday, was the first real test for the Jeep. I need to sort out the uptravel or ditch the flares for some tube flares as its bent all the guards up from the tyre scrubbing out with the swaybars disconnected. Was a good day though and must say I am pretty happy with the little Jeep. Its a great little performer and once I get a proper cage in it and few things sorted should be great fun.

Some pics.

Last edited by booflux; 04-12-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2010
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some good pics there Booflux...

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 12-07-2010
HydroKing

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booflux View Post
I need to sort out the uptravel or ditch the flares for some tube flares as its bent all the guards up from the tyre scrubbing out with the swaybars disconnected.
Does it have extended bumpstops?

cheers
Old 12-07-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
Some good pics there Booflux...

Cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
Does it have extended bumpstops?

cheers
Yep around 2" looking at it, and I am going to have to add another 2" I reckon to stop the scrubbing, I have been told the 33s didnt scrub with the swaybar disconnected but somehow I seriously doubt it. I will probably just extend the bumpstops for now and might look into the high hood mod with some tube flares. I know that means I will need to move items in the engine bay etc, but I really dont want a body lift or any more lift I like the current height. Plus it means I shouldnt have a drama upgrading to 35s if I feel the need down the track.
Old 15-10-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well have had the chance to get the TJ out on a few more trips and am really enjoying it. Havent had any major issues yet, still getting used to the short wheel base, nothing some practice wont help with though.

The front driveshaft is looking a bit second hand from the rocks and I have damaged the rear left flare and out a dent in the panel above it, along with some softop damage. Have decided that I am going to start to make a few changes and get it better suited to what I want to be driving.

The first of those changes will happen this Sunday when I build some tube doors for it with the help of a mate. Will see how it goes but if the motivation is still there next weekend I may start on the tube flares. Sometime next month I will make a start on the cage as well.

nyway heres some pics.

Last edited by booflux; 04-12-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply