New Grand Cherokee diesel - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Had my MY14 CRD Ltd since Sept 14 and only covered 13K since then with a couple long trips with the van and tows easily, great economy and drives very nice. Had the Pajero before this and have to say its a huge improvement in comfort, power and economy.
No problems so far and would recommend one to anyone. Sure you will hear about all the negatives - quality, dealer problems etc. though if you go on any blog site to any 4x4 around, you will hear just as many issue with the different makes. Most criticism comes from people who never owned one
Old 23-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I can't recommend it highly enough. That diesel and the 8 speed is awesome grunt. The quadralift option gets you quadradrive and the off-road pack (bash plates) included etc. was a no brainer for me as I am taking it off road heaps.
Don't underestimate the value of quadra drive over the quadratrac, if you are really going bush.

If you go the LTD or above, most will swap to the Laredo 18" wheels if they anticipate going bush too. It then just needs some descent AT tyres and it's very capable and yet very comfy
Old 24-07-2015
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Pretty much the same as the others.......2014 Limited diesel with 26,500 Klm's since November last year.
Didn't go for the air suspension, but very happy with the self levelling rear sprung set up. I tow every other day and don't regret my decision.

A client of mine bought his early last year and has travelled 86,000 trouble free Klm's.

My last four vehicles were Disco 4, Disco 3, LC 100 & LC 80. I much prefer the Jeep for its comfort, power & awesome fuel economy.

Would I buy another.....shit yeah!!

Cheers, Craig
Old 24-07-2015
Blackhawk

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
Default New Grand Cherokee diesel

August 2014 Blackhawk, so just about to clock over the year, 25000k no issues other than sorting out the reverse camera. Been very happy with the service at Cricks Mt Gravatt.
Just finished a 3500k road trip and it was like driving my lounge chair for two weeks.
Did I mention 8.4l/PH fuel economy over the two weeks including city stays in Canberra and Sydney.

Hutch-2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk..CRD feel the power.

Last edited by Hutch; 24-07-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 27-07-2015
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

OK, so the knocking noise was, apparently, a shot CV due to "someone" having not secured the boot properly: they also replaced a sway bar connector. All under warranty, naturally.
Old 28-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Had my Overland diesel for 7 months and enjoy every minute of driving it. Exceptionally good fuel consumption for a large vehicle. My son, a Patrol man and runs 4wd driving courses was pleasantly surprised at the off road capabilities but if you intend to do a fair bit of off roading need to get some all terrain tyres fitted.
Old 28-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts

Another +1 for the comments above.

Our CRD Limited was from the first batch of diesels in July 2011 and has now done over 90,000kms, all trouble free (not counting the three punctures and two windscreen stone chip cracks). Interior and exterior has held up very well, no squeaks, no rattles, no bumps, no groans. And it all still works as new despite being used almost daily for everything from round town commuting to outback touring to interstate trailer towing. Long term consumption has been steady at 9.1L/100km rising to 10.0 when loaded to GVM for an outback trip and 13.5 when tugging 2T plus of car-on-trailer (ours is a 5-speed).

We've added a few updates including a roof rack and the under body plates, a set of drawers in the back, plus swapped the OEM 20" rubber for some 18" ATs on Laredo rims, but otherwise standard. The JGC has its quirks like the foot operated parking brake but you do become accustomed. You also get surprised by some other features like the tight turning circle, and just how quick it is when you really sink your slipper on the loud pedal. All round it's a very, very capable vehicle.
Post New Thread  Reply