Got me a Lokka... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-12-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lokka

Hi Guy's.

I have had a 4wd Systems Lokka in the rear of my KK Cherokee for just over 12 month's now. I have done 20000km on it.

Wet weather is no worries. And travelling at 110km is no worries at all. On road behavior is real good. I've also pulled trailers thousands of km's with no problems.

I think some people have not taken care to get correct clearences when installing the Lokka and had problems. Then they tell everyone that will listen how bad they are then they tell someone else and the story continually gets worse.

If it's fitted correctly you will have no troubles at all.
RuffStuff Diff Cover
Jeep Skids
Old 14-12-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

This is sounding real promising... most of my driving is over 40km's Also, do you have an ARB front locker in?

Have you a cost on the the Lokka Turismo?

Cheers
Chumby
Old 15-12-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumby View Post
This is sounding real promising... most of my driving is over 40km's Also, do you have an ARB front locker in?

Have you a cost on the the Lokka Turismo?

Cheers
Chumby
Na I don't have a ARB in the front, I always wanted one but now I'm not sure I need one for the amount of offroading and the kind of offroading we have over here. I'm pretty confident now that the Grand will go most places I point it - as long as it has the clearance... On the weekend I tested the locker out at the Mundaring Powerline track and found myself going up things that normally I wouldn't be able to at all, but the only thing that stopped the Jeep was me getting hung up on my diffs, or TC skid, or smacking my lower radiator support on a rock...

The catalogue price for the Lokka is $467, plus they charged me $20 to ship door to door in x2 days. But it ended up arriving 2weeks later, so I wasn't too pleased with that. But overall its the best bang for your buck, the ARB one for the front prob cost around $2.5k??
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 15-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Yea Turismo - I am gettng the front ARB fitted with the larger compressor tomorrow for $1800 - not cheap at all.

I might get in contact with them and see if they have one which will fit the 3.55 ratios that I have - regearing at this stage just out of the question.

What ratios have you installed?

Cheers
Chumby
Old 15-12-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Yea Turismo - I am gettng the front ARB fitted with the larger compressor tomorrow for $1800 - not cheap at all.

I might get in contact with them and see if they have one which will fit the 3.55 ratios that I have - regearing at this stage just out of the question.

Cheers
Chumby
Good luck with the ARB install. I have stock V8 ratios, 3.73 if i'm correct. Don't plan on changing them, quite happy with the performance of the V8 matched with 32" tyres for the type of stuff I do (light wheeling, touring etc).
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 15-12-2009
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Na I don't have a ARB in the front, I always wanted one but now I'm not sure I need one

But overall its the best bang for your buck, the ARB one for the front prob cost around $2.5k??
There's probably a reason yours cost less than $500 and the ARB is more, wouldnt you think? One replaces plastic spider gears, the other is a complete (ie much stronger) diff hemisphere.... one has an air pump (ie also use it for tyre inflation etc) one doesnt. one is a fitted price, one isnt..... etc etc. But i'd check your price anyway, i got a front ARB air locker and pump installed for $1433, a long way short of $2.5k. And having had a lokka before in the front of an XJ, i'd go a full ARB everytime.

You should be right though with your little 32" tyres and a soft right foot.
Old 15-12-2009
Norwegian Racing Sardine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

Cheers
Chumby
Ooh my ears pricked up again!

I'm getting an Air locker fitted to mine today although only the diff as the car is in the transmission shop for a bearing or 2, it'll go to ARB next week for the compressor/switches/etc. I am very intrigued as to where this full sized compressor is meant to mount in a V8 Grand, please do tell as I'd also prefer one compressor to do tyres and locker. Let me know where the switches mount as well; I'm thinking about the power outlet by the ash/coin tray.

I may even get my Aussie locker in this week as well, it cleared customs yesterday...

Oh yeah ARB couldn't figure out what ratio my D30 was so they got both in for me (stock WJ Laredo V8 ), I'll keep you posted on availability if you like.

Last edited by nzdans; 15-12-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply