Lock down? What lockdown? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Blokes Advice
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-01-2022
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,583 Times in 4,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Has taken us two years to catch up with the East Coast...they opened up and we got to taste what NSW n VIC have been dealing with for years....'clowns' running it arent smart enough to use 'common sense'....they are bound to their greed for re-election to keep that 'snout' in the trough...LEGAL criminals

ps: and Im not Politically bias to any political party...all are included in my comments....fkn pc has been let run rampant like this virus...the outcome is fkt for both
You have a marshmallow running your state, Victoria has a dictator, NSW has the new kid on the block, QLD has a silly woman. We get what we vote for!
Old 22-01-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

How silly all of this is!!! So we all got locked down and in Victoria longer than anywhere else in the world and it made STUFF ALL difference to anything in terms of restricting COVID spread. Killed plenty though. What a load of wankers!! Seriously!!

Now of course they have all gone quiet (our leaders I mean) and particularly Dictator Dan. Of course weeping women get his vote so, as if there are not enough people in the world, now let's allow IVF treatment to proceed. Of course his minders told him that not allowing IVF was not good for his electoral look. Stuff anyone else who might have been waiting years already for surgery, so that they could walk again. Honestly, I think IVF is such a waste of social resources when so many other alternatives to obtain a child are available.

In my work days, working amongst women (and only a few men), women would come into my office and complain, demand, back stab each other, try to manipulate me etc etc etc. Every F...ing day!!
And when they perceived that things were not going their way, on went the water works.

You think you have seen a waterfall....you ain't seen nothing!! They would ask for a tissue so that they could continue with the emotional blackmail.... but I soon learned to hide the tissues! The waterfalls dried up pretty quick when they had nothing with which to wipe their dribbling snot and crocodile tears.

Anyway, I digress.

There is nothing like the economic imperative to make politicians change their minds and that is what is now happening all over Australia.The real truth though, and what has become very apparent, is that the real reasons for locking people up was to hide the fact of the appalling unpreparedness of every govt in the country to the wider implications of a pandemic. Unpreparedness at every level and across a diverse range of social functioning, infrastructure etc etc etc.

We all thought we have great hospitals (we have by the way) but NO ONE did anything to make them ready for what is happening now, even though the markers were flashing bright red for at least a year.

And what does WA premier McGowan think he is going to achieve with all his chest thumping? Retard COVID? No! Retard WA? Yes (if it could be any further retarded). The thing is, the wind does blow from the east, towards WA. And viruses travel on the wind. They love it. Look, there goes one now! I hope it stays away from the bushfires.
Old 24-01-2022
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

The covid mismanagement by politicians resulted in massive inflation driving up the jeep wrangler part costs.
Old 30-01-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
You think you have seen a waterfall....you ain't seen nothing!! They would ask for a tissue so that they could continue with the emotional blackmail.... but I soon learned to hide the tissues! The waterfalls dried up pretty quick when they had nothing with which to wipe their dribbling snot and crocodile tears.
Put the tissues outside your office and tell them "Tissues are outside the door Luv, and close the door behind you. Thanks."

But on a seriuos note, I am into my second week of Isolation, Got the phonecall last Monday about midday. I was considered a close contact with a positive case who I last had contact with on the Friday previous at 4pm. Woman on the phone goes through the usual spiel about what to do and what not to do and then finishes up the conversation by saying that Iam on day 3 of my Isolation as Sat and Sunday were considered days 1 & 2.
So don't worry, because we are doing a shit job of identify and contacting close contacts quickly, the virus won't have spread in days 1 & 2. Also when i asked what day it finishes I was told that it would be Friday the 4th at 4pm exact time i had last contact with the positive case
Now McGowan has said that there will be new methods of identifying close contacts and different isolation conditions in place once the borders open. IE 14 days quarantine now but changing to 7 when borders open, why, because we will be double vaxxed and boosted by then. I am currently double vaxxed and boosted, so surely you would think that 7 day isolation would be sufficient.
No, according to our glorious leaders and lets not forget that prestigious group of Tank Thinkers referred to as the "Current Health Advice" This virus recognises both specific Times and Dates, not only that but it also adherer's to them.
Go Figure
Old 30-01-2022
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Ha! Fortress WA No one is allowed in especially politicians wanting to campaign for the looming election
Old 30-01-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
Ha! Fortress WA No one is allowed in especially politicians wanting to campaign for the looming election
Yes well this might b the new norm. How who will fare is yet to emerge. What gets me is how we r starting to c in Vic the attempts by Govt and its depts to stifle or prevent outright the public's right to know why they have decreed what they have over the lockdowns etc. Time will tell but I rather think that it will be a case of lies damned lies and even more as justifications... that is why it is so important for us to b told the truth...and to make sure the bastards are honest!

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 31-01-2022 at 08:36 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply