WK II - Dual Battery - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-03-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserthucker View Post
I would want it out of the way.
Done that in my WG. messy and in the way.
Has to be tied down securely. Would hate to have that hit me in the head.
Yeah i'm with you desert, I want mine out of the way too. Having a battery pack then a fridge will take up half my boot. I will got to a 4x4 store and see if they will have a look inside the subwoofer cavity and see if there is space to mount it there.
Old 28-03-2011
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
OK - so just ordered a new Stone White Laredo, kinda liked the V8 Limited but this model was far better value and drove just as nicely so........

It is due to be here May (probably June though I guess from other comments in another thread).

Anyway given the engine bay is tight as, and the starter battery lives under the drivers seat, I reckon there is enough room under the rear to have a nice box fabbed up to hold a second battery (thinking AGM).

Thoughts??
Closest you can get to the other battery the better - saves running long heavy duty cables - dont forget a battery isolator (redarc)
keep us in the loop how it all goes!
Old 29-04-2011

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
Went to the dealer today to pick up parts for my wj and have another peak at the newby,was informed by the sale guy that the battery is under the drivers seat,my first thought was "whats under the passenger seat"???????????????
(anyone looked at a defender recently?).
But if you dont want or need a Ltd put it in the hole where the Sub goes.wouldnt take much work.

Anyway hopefully ordering a new GC v6 Limted soon.......................

Last edited by GPY; 29-04-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2011
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
I also heard that there is a large space for a 2nd fuel tank in this model? I couldn't quite find where that is.
Does anyone know if the space is the same as the WH?
Is it the same tow bar as the WH?
If so, the Long Range Automotive 110Lt tank will fit straight in as it does in the WH.
Obviously, you have to put your spare somewhere else, but not a significant issue, if you do a lot of long distance driving.
Old 01-05-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserthucker View Post
I test drove a WK2 but did not look under the rear seat.
Too far to drop into a dealer.
Looking at an Optima Battery or 2 the smallest is 129mm deep.
could it lay on its side under the rear seat?

PS can the rear seat be lifted?

And I beleave the fuel tank extends doun both sides under the rear seat, so building a box under the seat would be out of the question.
Can the be layed on their side?
Old 01-05-2011
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I know Optima batteries can be.
Old 01-05-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkomagic View Post
Can the be layed on their side?
Yes the Optima battery can be used on their side.
They are also rated for aircraft use. So they can be used in any orientation.
Post New Thread  Reply