Air Compressor - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-03-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewinmanx View Post
I'm running the ARB mounted up inside the right rear guard, complete pain in the arse to install but glad its outa the way. Put fitting just below tail light so just need hose from under drivers seat.
Been in the industry for years and the ARB represents best performance/value for money etc. There's higher output tho for more dollars and cheaper options just dont cut it. Buy the ARB its worth it
I agree, get a good one to start with. I also have the ARB one (mounted under the RHS rear passenger seat), easily accessed from the door-side if you need to plug in the airline for tyres and doesn't get any crap, dirt, mud etc from being mounted in the engine bay (where there is not a lot of room anyway). I thought the noise would be louder when engaged for the lockers, but its quite acceptable as its not always on for ages.

If you still want a cheap one - I have a portable TJM OX cheapie that I dont need anymore - still works fine.
Old 14-03-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
I bought a twin barrel compressor like the one you have pictured for about $75 delivered off ebay 2 years ago. It is exactly the same as a named brand selling for about $180 at the time. I have used it on numerous occasions without a problem and it easily blows up a 4x4 tyre. I recently bought an ARB unit only because I wanted a second one and someone (mother in law) gave me some cash for xmas. I haven't used it yet.

With everything made in China nowadays, factory managers/workers make backroom deals and simply rebrand the same item and onsell them for much less. Its worth doing your research and not falling for the self interested sell of companies that want to flog their name brands at very inflated prices.

Remember when you could go to Japan or Hong Kong and buy original Nike runners for $5 a pair when they were being flogged for $200 a pair by tag dag retailers? Same thing... different item, different country. I don't know about you, but I work hard for my money and don't feel I should gift it to rip off retailers. They won't give me a quid when I am crook and can't work. Go internet!!!
I agree, we get gouged like nobody's business in the "lucky country". We are supposed to be a wealthy nation, if that's true why is everything so damn expensive compared to what I earn?
Old 14-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I currently have a TJM one and it works great for the RAV's we take to the beach. My Uncle has the same one for his 'Cruiser and swears by it.
Old 14-03-2011
Full Flexer

Seacomms you beauty, read all the fine print, contacted Allianz (for some reason they provide the extended warranty) and as long as any electrical work is done by a qualified auto elec it will not void it.

crap should of asked if it was the same for a lift kit.
Old 14-03-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

I bought one of these way back:
http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page154aa.html

My old man still uses it. Damn thing is quicker than the ARB (big blue one) I have mounted in the JK. Also doesn't work as hard to pump up a tyre either.

Benefit of that one is you just hook it up to the battery when you need it with the alligator clamps. No extra wiring needs to be placed in the vehicle. So the dealer won't know and therefore care - so if you have any problems it will be much easier to deal with.
Old 14-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
I bought one of these way back:
http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page154aa.html

My old man still uses it. Damn thing is quicker than the ARB (big blue one) I have mounted in the JK. Also doesn't work as hard to pump up a tyre either.

Benefit of that one is you just hook it up to the battery when you need it with the alligator clamps. No extra wiring needs to be placed in the vehicle. So the dealer won't know and therefore care - so if you have any problems it will be much easier to deal with.
By "ABR" 4WD accesories, hah hah I love it! Reminds me of a set of speakers I saw in a Bangkok electronics store they were "Poineer".
Old 15-03-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malexander View Post
By "ABR" 4WD accesories, hah hah I love it! Reminds me of a set of speakers I saw in a Bangkok electronics store they were "Poineer".
The guy who runs ABR is Derek. Nice bloke, I have bought some redarc gear from him as he advertises on eBay too. If in Brisbane, he can also arrange fitment of the gear. No we are not related