I'm test driving the new diesel Grand tomorrow! - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2011

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am a regular at jg.org and have not seen anythign that is too conserning.
You need to remember that apparently over 16,000 JGC's have been sold in the USA as they have been around for a year. The Lemon Laws over there make car makers fix things better and faster. We also have similar LL's now in Oz since Jan 2011, so we can take more action to get thing fixed, including using our own repairer if the dealer sucks. I ordered a CRD Overland in April and still have no idea when the car is going to be delivered. I am now dealing with the customer service manager who is speaking to the national sales manager who is going to make the NSW sales manager call me, as he has not returned my messages in 5 weeks. Jeep Oz need to keep their clients informed as they are really starting to piss off a lot of people by the lack of supply and delivery. Jeep have a great product, but their execution of the orders seems woeful. Hopefully tomorrow I will find out when it will be delivered, as I have 30July on my order and I want it now.
Old 12-07-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFORCER View Post
You need to remember that apparently over 16,000 JGC's have been sold in the USA as they have been around for a year. The Lemon Laws over there make car makers fix things better and faster. We also have similar LL's now in Oz since Jan 2011, so we can take more action to get thing fixed, including using our own repairer if the dealer sucks. I ordered a CRD Overland in April and still have no idea when the car is going to be delivered. I am now dealing with the customer service manager who is speaking to the national sales manager who is going to make the NSW sales manager call me, as he has not returned my messages in 5 weeks. Jeep Oz need to keep their clients informed as they are really starting to piss off a lot of people by the lack of supply and delivery. Jeep have a great product, but their execution of the orders seems woeful. Hopefully tomorrow I will find out when it will be delivered, as I have 30July on my order and I want it now.

Just a few more than 16k WK2

Sales by month - 2010

Month Sales Total sales YTD
May-10 3,246 ---------22,550
Jun-10 2,912 ----------25,462
Jul-10 5,407 ----------30,869
Aug-10 6,393 ---------37,262
Sep-10 10,915 --------48,177
Oct-10 12,721 --------60,898
Nov-10 10,984 --------71,882
Dec-10 12,753 --------84,635

WK2 Sales by month - 2011

Month Sales Total sales YTD
Jan-11 7,612 -----------7,612
Feb-11 8,667 ----------16,279
Mar-11 9,836 ----------26,115
Apr-11 9,802 ----------35,917
May-11 9,802 ---------35,917
Jun-11 9,484 ----------45,401
Old 14-07-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFORCER View Post

The new GC's have started to hit the ground (as in dealership demo vehicles). Heaps are supposedly sitting on the docks in the US, waiting for transit to Aus.

There are mixed messages at different dealers, from colour availaiblity to delivery dates.... I'd suspect the communication from head office aint so great. 3 different dealers have 3 different perspectives on what's available and when.
Old 14-07-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Torino ETA MELBOURNE 26.07.2011 14:00 Last checkpoint was Balboa Panama 06/07/2011
Carmen ETA AUCKLAND NZ 19.07.2011 14:00 then onto Melbourne Last checkpoint was Balboa Panama 01/07/2011

Hope they are full of Jeeps.
Old 14-07-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserthucker View Post
Torino ETA MELBOURNE 26.07.2011 14:00 Last checkpoint was Balboa Panama 06/07/2011
Carmen ETA AUCKLAND NZ 19.07.2011 14:00 then onto Melbourne Last checkpoint was Balboa Panama 01/07/2011

Hope they are full of Jeeps.
You got inside knowledge??
Old 14-07-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzp View Post
You got inside knowledge??
No just a lot of homework and friends.
Old 18-07-2011
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,995 Times in 2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzp View Post
Just placed my order with Fletch. I ordered a diesel Laredo. I hope I don't regret it!! - you know, with bleeding edge technology....

Aug/Sep delivery time.
Just tyre kicked a CRD at Armstrongs Toowoomba a Laredo with the air suspension not a fan of that though, they had a petrol also but no Hemi, liked bits of it but would take about 1 minute to clog the guards with mud there just isn't any damn room in the wheel arches, big muddies would be a hard option to fit, but loved the seats, bullbar would have to be a first option, front has no protection.
ZG and WG were an off road job from the show room floor this one I think would need a bit of work first.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply