WK2 Laredo Diesel @ 11,000 km - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

There is not enough room underneath to mount the spare. I have measured it.
David Scott
Old 02-02-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just thought of it. Perhaps a new cover could be made of sheet metal with square tubing around the edges. That would reduce the thickness allowing a standard tyre size and a better surface to mount the fridge slide. Just cover it with black carpet (clark rubber) I used it on my fridge slide and it is a very good match ?
David Scott
Old 02-02-2012
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillman View Post
Had my CRD Laredo for a few days, and whilst I'm VERY happy with it generally, there are two disappointments.

1. The 2012 model does not have front tow hooks (for off road recovery), and it is not a simple matter of fitting the hooks as a spare part. There are two essential bolt holes missing in the frame to fit the hooks.
2. I have the Off Road pack, and the tyres are ALL SEASON, not ALL TERRAIN as I was led to believe. The all season tyres are not agressive at all.

On the plus side, the rock rails are very chunky.
I am looking to buy a Laredo or Limited Diesel and in the brochure for the Off road adventure II pack it definately lists All terrain tyres not all season and what does the fuel tank listing mean?
Gazz
Old 04-02-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Dealers have been instructed to change all there brochures as they are incorrect.
They should be all season tyres.
Good luck with pursuing getting your tyres changed to AT's.
Read the disclosure on the back of the brochure, basically specs are subject to change.
Old 17-02-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WK2 diesel at 1000Km's

Ok, have had my WK2 diesel Laredo for 2 months now, just long enough for a few bugs/glitches to appear.
Multimedia unit sometimes will not fire up after starting the vehicle. Have to turn off vehicle and works ok on restart. Chrysler advises their technical area looking into a fix. Appears I’m not the only one to experience the problem.
Have experienced the “start/stop” problem where the diesel will stop around 2 seconds after starting. Appears to be the engine immobiliser kicking in for some reason.
Chrysler is aware of this problem and you need to present your Jeep as I did to the service department and they will muck around with a connector as they feel it is a contact problem. Guess what? My WK2 did it again the other day so the contact problem may not be the real reason for the problem. Dealer suggested it may be a FOB issue so I am now using the spare FOB to see what happens.
Had an electric brake controller fitted to the Jeep and you guessed it, appears the WK does not like it. It has upset my dash display as the tacho does not return to zero after turning off the car and the digital display resets itself after power down. The tacho remains at the idle revs the engine was doing when powered off.
Also the display is indicating “no fuse” and after talking to the dealer the tech indicated it’s most likely a blown display fuse. The service area indicated there can be problems when fitting electric brake controllers as the extra current drawn by the unit may have caused the fuse to blow as the electronics is very sensitive to current variations. Appears you have to be careful also where you connect the brake controller “stop light” lead as this may cause issues if it is connected to the wrong location. My lead is connected to the stop light pin on the trailer connector which the dealer said was an ok location for connection.
Have you ever removed the lid to the fuse holder under the bonnet, I say no more. Now, all I have to do is try and find the right fuse. Also the sales dude told me at the time of delivery if there is ever a need to jump start the Jeep then it is highly advisable to remove the fuse that protests the multimedia display so as to protect it as the unit might be “killed” when doing the jump start thing.
Don’t press the start button twice in succession “very quickly” as this may confuse the engine computer and lock it up. When you press the start/off button the computer goes into engine shutdown/theft protection mode and begins the steering wheel lock process. If you press the start button again very quickly the computer hasn’t finished the steering wheel lock process and says…..what, you want me to start do you and that’s enough to get it confused possibly.
Don’t leave your FOB within 5 metres of the locked vehicle as this might flatten your battery.
Make sure you lock the vehicle otherwise the security system “looks for the FOB” and the electronics draws around 3-4 amps, sufficient to flatten your battery if left too long.
These are not my personal experiences but comments passed to me by the dealer.
I have a gut feeling there’s more to come I think.

PS. The East Coast Bulbar (ECB) made for the WK Grand Cherokee will not fit correctly. It’s to do with the lack of recovery hooks and the front cross member being altered on the 2012 model. It fits perfectly on the 2011 model though.
Had my DPChip reprogrammed for the V M Motori diesel and the Jeep went into limp home mode. Did not like the DPChip at all.
Berrima Diesel checked the module and found no issue other than a few adjustments were made to the unit. I have yet to try it.

Jim
Old 18-02-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 144 Times in 90 Posts

Thanks for your post Jim, sounds like you have a few frustrating niggles.
Here is a link to a fuse information diagram that may be of assistance.
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/misc/Fuses_2011_2012_wk.pdf
If you haven't checked out the WK2Jeeps site there is a wealth of information in there.
Good luck
John
Old 28-11-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm now at 2000km in my new CRD Laredo, and have similar views. Love the car, especially the engine, but a little frustrated by some of the electronics.

The Uconnect system is hopeless so I'm looking for a good after-market replacement. Any ideas on this would be much appreciated!

When I have the headlights into 'Automatic' mode, and I flick the high beams on, it's only 50:50 that they'll actually come on. I know they're supposed to sense any oncoming lights so maybe that can cause a delay, but I can be in pitch blackness and when I flick on the high beams they'll only come on half the time.

The high beam issue I can live with, the Uconnect system is a real drag though. Basically stops me making calls whilst driving as the voice recognition thing is hopeless.

Otherwise, I would definitely buy it again and am really enjoying it.
Post New Thread  Reply