Trip for the Easter weekend - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Queensland
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8_jofes View Post
I'm keen to go from Noosa all the way along the beach to double island point, then accross to rainbow beach this weekend, maybe Sunday or Monday.
Keen for either of those days, aydanrogers? (or anyone else )
I'm good for a day trip on either of those days.
Old 04-04-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

im keen to do a day trip to rainbow whichever day. let me know where and when to meet.
Old 04-04-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Alright, awesome! Lets aim for a Monday trip.

I'd originally wanted to leave Noosa at around 0900, giving us all day to go up the beach, but looking at the tide charts http://tides.willyweather.com.au/qld...osa-heads.html high tide will be at 0935 and won't really start going out until midday. Maybe we should do the trip in "reverse", start at rainbow beach at say 1100, and come down the beach to Noosa? We may have to skip out the drive between Rainbow beach and double island point because if we wait for the tide to go out, we'll lose a lot of the day.
I still want to go all the way up to double island point, so we'd just find a track inland to take us from rainbow beach to double island point (haven't got the map in front of me right now).
The other option is to go from Noosa to Rainbow via the inland tracks, and then return south via the beach when the tides are in our favour.
I also really want to check out the wreck of the Cherry Venture, as I haven't been there before.

I'll be leaving from Amberley, so we could meet up as we're heading out, or meet halfway, or all the way. Which ever is easiest. If we're starting from Rainbow, I'd probably leave home at about 0700, if we're meeting at Noosa and going inland first, I'd probably leave home at around 0600.

This'll be my first trip out in my 04 grand, so I'm not sure how it'll go. I had a 00 grand before this, but the new one doesn't have Quadradrive, so it might get interesting.

I've got two snatch straps, one standard length, one double length, necessary shackles, and flexxy style anaconda brand max traxx. I'll also only have a hand held CB, and I've got a 100k map of Cooloola, with all the tracks on it etc.

Dirty Weekends reckons the drive is "standard" - Easy to moderate sand driving depending on tides and weather conditions. Suitable for most 'soft roaders' (with good ground clearance) and camper trailers (provided your vehicle has enough power to drag one through some soft sand)

I'll check the map again later on to see if all the above options are feasible.

Thoughts?
Old 04-04-2012

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

you would be safe to drive on the beach at 10.30 if high is 9.30 we normally hit the beach an hour after.
the first section is never a major prob it at the end near the point where it gets tricky in the soft sand at high tide
Old 04-04-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I'm good for Monday so far, any idea on how much the permit is?

Whatever the wallet has, the jeep takes!
Old 04-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

how about the people from brisbane meet at the caboolture BP at 8.30am. gives us 1.5 hrs to make our way to noosa or alternatively rainbow beach after high tide. channel 18.

how does that sound?
Old 04-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydanrogers View Post
I'm good for Monday so far, any idea on how much the permit is?
$10.35 for the day

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/services_...?item_id=34497
Post New Thread  Reply