Rock Climb Issue? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks for the info Kam... Any suggestions on how to go about diagnosing this issue? I'm reserved when it comes to taking my Jeep to DVG and not many 4x4 shops in WA deal with Jeeps
Old 18-06-2012
AJOR Bronze

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Those tyres don't seem to bag as I would expect for 15psi.

Irrespective of "traction control systems" (of which I have no understanding, and didn't even know Wranglers had) those Coopers are a let down.

Where did you guys head?
Old 19-06-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Zen id head out on the trails again before heading to the dealer you never know maybe you did back off just before it kicked in as previously stated
Old 19-06-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nah if you seen everyone else no one had any tyre spin whatsoever even the jk 4door on at's had barely any
Old 19-06-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenttj View Post
nah if you seen everyone else no one had any tyre spin whatsoever even the jk 4door on at's had barely any
heh that was mine even on the muddy climb didnt seem to spin much at all...

my guess is the rubber, I have heard that the BLD system can even overheat if worked hard.

Mine went good on the rock and some of the other things, but I didnt really give it a work out either......

I'd say head out again some time and give it a go on some off camber stuff. If you see the first vid I posted you can see the system working, and when it came to the rock, it seemed to stop, so maybe that is what is going on?

Cheers Mick
Old 19-06-2012
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Lol you couldn't bribe me enough to swap my CRD Auto for that thing. V6 needs loud pedal to make the brake lock diff function work effectively.

Also the issue is your tyres. You need much lower pressures - try 15psi. Cooper STT are very average tyres for outright grip and they get worse as they get older.. Ask rodxj about when he had Cooper STTs (I've never seen someone so frustrated and angered at why they had no grip whatsoever).

Last edited by Yom; 19-06-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 19-06-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 128 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Thanks for the info Kam... Any suggestions on how to go about diagnosing this issue? I'm reserved when it comes to taking my Jeep to DVG and not many 4x4 shops in WA deal with Jeeps
I am not an expert, don't have that much experience

Maybe, you can try this.
Let your sway bars connected, find a good bump, where one wheel loose the ground and let somebody check from outside, if that wheel keep spinning and the other wheel doesn't. Then there is something wrong.

Quote:
Zen id head out on the trails again before heading to the dealer you never know maybe you did back off just before it kicked in as previously stated
I have the feeling, BLD kicks in very fast, within a second.

Quote:
my guess is the rubber, I have heard that the BLD system can even overheat if worked hard.
Thought as well its the rubber, but then I saw other video from his friend on Youtube, where he goes down the same rock with a TJ and slides like on Ice. Must be very slippery and needs all wheels to work together.

Also you can see, his rear right and front left wheels are spinning and the others don't.

Last edited by kam; 19-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply