CB Radio - ALDI - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-08-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbotrog View Post
I have been running one of these compressors for 18 months now and it is brilliant.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-OUTBA...item20c99ce638
Yes,
But can that compressor bring life to a frothless coffee ??? If not, then it is only useful for inflating tyres mate......
Old 28-08-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbotrog View Post
I have been running one of these compressors for 18 months now and it is brilliant.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-OUTBA...item20c99ce638

Thanks for that Timbo!

I was looking at those, but wasn't sure what they'd be like. If you've had a good run with yours I might get the same as I reckon the twin should work better/last longer than a single anyway.

Have you had any issue with yours cutting out due to heat or blow fuses or anything? How well does the deflating feature work? Did you need to get a different hose, or is the standard one fine?

Cheers,
Hanna
Old 29-08-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

Mine is that unit minus the deflating feature. They have aded it after I bought mine, paid the same price though. I use an ARB deflator and it rocks.
On Sunday last, I pumped up my LT245/70/17 Yoko's from 20psi to 36psi all round and then did a mates JKU running M/T 285/70/17 from 20psi to 38psi all round. Didn't miss a beat.
I haven't ran mine lower than 20psi but to do mine then the JKU and not have any problems I can't see why I couldn't drop down to 8-10psi on sand then get them back up again.
And yes it is quick. I haven't timed it but it would be less than 1.5-2 minutes per tyre.
The other way I looked at it was there are large single piston units at good prices, but a twin compressor is effectively doing 1/2 the work a single is to get to the same pressure.
I've never had it blow a fuse, over heat and cut out or any other problems.
The only thing to get used to is the guage won't read the correct psi whilst the compressor is pumping, (for obvious reasons), and it isn't 100% accurate when switched off. So you just switch it off and let the guage go to the actual pressure. I have discovered this varies with different tyre sizes. Mine, (LT245/70/17) reads about 5psi over, so I just pump it to 40psi as this equates to 35psi.
I had a look at the equivalent ARB twin compressor that reail at around $790 with a 12 month warranty. I can buy 1 of these every year for 10 years and still be in front. In all fairness, if I was going for a drive through the Simpson I would get the ARB unit as it can do air tools as well.
Old 29-08-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, I picked up one of the Aldi CB's for casual 4WDing, and trucker entertainment :P

Would I need a specific aerial?, I already have the mount installed on bull bar from an old radio.

An allrounder aerial is preferred!

Last edited by Paj83; 29-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 29-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paj83 View Post
Hey guys, I picked up one of the Aldi CB's for casual 4WDing, and trucker entertainment :P

Would I need a specific aerial?, I already have the mount installed on bull bar from an old radio.

An allrounder aerial is preferred!
I got my aerial off ebay, $60 delivered, ex manufacturer near Newcastle. Will see if I can find link.

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 29-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Search ebay for uhf antenna or the seller is oysters1945. Very happy with mine. Aussie made

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 29-08-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cheers mate!
Post New Thread  Reply