2.5 TD Overheating under load - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_slut View Post
hahahahah must have been designed by this guy

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Son_5937b7_807332.jpg

is it worth perhaps running a mechanical water temp gauge

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-2-52m...item460bb29649
im running an after market gauge with the sensor in head no.4
they seem to be actrate with each other most the time

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-09 16.02.31.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	59128
Old 09-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 98 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
im running an after market gauge with the sensor in head no.4
they seem to be actrate with each other most the time

Attachment 59128
Thats a nice place to mount them i was thinking of gluing/ doubble sided sticky tape / jamming mine on the windscreen but as far into the driver side A pillar as they could fit as i couldn't find any a pillar gauge pods that could fit the Cherokee.

any chance i could have a pic of the engine bay..bit of a nub question would like to know how the sensor is in head no4
Old 09-01-2013
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
Thats a nice place to mount them i was thinking of gluing/ doubble sided sticky tape / jamming mine on the windscreen but as far into the driver side A pillar as they could fit as i couldn't find any a pillar gauge pods that could fit the Cherokee.

any chance i could have a pic of the engine bay..bit of a nub question would like to know how the sensor is in head no4
wont really see it in a pic unfortunatly, but i used the sensor that come with the kit and got some brass screw in inserts to match the thead inside of the head think i uhsed 2 inserts cant remember was too long ago .
just like the factory temp sensor in head 3, just unscrew the plug.
in head No.4 the oil catch can bolts into that plug. i just modifyed the bracket so i could use the temp sensor to hold the catch can in place.

hope this helps.

i did have the sensor in the back of the top coolant rail. there is a plug at the back would be a lot easier to do that one but it may read a little cooler due to it being at the top of the engine.
Old 09-01-2013
RubiconSlammer

the one with the bigger hole is the one the factory temp sensor sits in
the smaller hole is the one for the catch can.
just unscrew it, or if you had a old head lying around take the other plug out and the sensor should screw into that hole?
shame i didnt think of that before

these are brand new Genuine heads never been on a car.

Name:	2013-01-09 17.41.31.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	59130

Name:	2013-01-09 17.41.50.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	59131

Name:	2013-01-09 17.42.41.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	59132

Name:	2013-01-09 17.42.47.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	59133

Last edited by Mudmonster; 09-01-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2013
Full Flexer

as in jeep genuine ? sorry to clarify i just faintly remember hearing they cost lots of $$$$$

cheers for the quick post investigating this on the jeep tonight im thinking might run a small test and see if my 15 year old stock sensor in the jeep will give the same output as a new sensor
Old 09-01-2013
RubiconSlammer

Quote:
as in jeep genuine ? sorry to clarify i just faintly remember hearing they cost lots of $$$$$

cheers for the quick post investigating this on the jeep tonight im thinking might run a small test and see if my 15 year old stock sensor in the jeep will give the same output as a new sensor
yes genuine jeep heads, very expensive. but i got offered a really good price that i couldnt refuse. (didnt get them from Australia though)
Old 09-01-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
yes genuine jeep heads, very expensive. but i got offered a really good price that i couldnt refuse. (didnt get them from Australia though)
haha good work..everyone loves a bargain, will they be going on one of your current toys or are you saving them for a rainy day ?