Exhaust for WK2 Diesel - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0xy View Post
a little off topic but does your company have an exhaust system available for a TJ Wrangler?
Hi Coxy,

We do not mate. I have a few Jeep platforms on the list, I say this with much respect, do you think the market is big enough to warrant TJ Wrangler? I have the following Jeeps to do:

Jeep Drive Year Model
Grand Cherokee 4WD 2011-2014 WK2
Grand Cherokee SRT8 4WD 2012-2014 WK2
Grand Cherokee 4WD 2005-2010 WH
Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2012-2013 JK Diesel
Wrangler 4WD 2012-2013 JK
Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2007-2013 JK Petrol V6
Wrangler 4WD 2007-2013 JK

Sorry if that's hard to read, its cut and paste from my spread sheet.
Old 21-08-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailhawk View Post
Hi Coxy,

We do not mate. I have a few Jeep platforms on the list, I say this with much respect, do you think the market is big enough to warrant TJ Wrangler? I have the following Jeeps to do:

Jeep Drive Year Model
Grand Cherokee 4WD 2011-2014 WK2
Grand Cherokee SRT8 4WD 2012-2014 WK2
Grand Cherokee 4WD 2005-2010 WH
Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2012-2013 JK Diesel
Wrangler 4WD 2012-2013 JK
Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2007-2013 JK Petrol V6
Wrangler 4WD 2007-2013 JK

Sorry if that's hard to read, its cut and paste from my spread sheet.
i guess that depends on the cost involved and the cost of the end product, its obviously not high on a lot of peoples modification lists but i would think that would be because there is not really any readily available bolt on systems for the TJ in Australia and you have to source them from the states at ridiculous prices
Old 21-08-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0xy View Post
i guess that depends on the cost involved and the cost of the end product, its obviously not high on a lot of peoples modification lists but i would think that would be because there is not really any readily available bolt on systems for the TJ in Australia and you have to source them from the states at ridiculous prices
Coxy, I will get the JK sorted first then look at the TJ, we may be able to use some parts from JK platform for TJ and which will make it an easier sell to my MD.

Matt.
Old 21-08-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda42 View Post
Any chance of some pics and may be a vid so we could hear the new exhaust note. Cheers Yoda

As my car does not have a tow bar, we cannot build the system until it does. I need one anyway so I may have to bight the bullet earlier than planned. I am hoping to have a system built for my car in a couple of weeks. It will be catback only for reasons I have stated in earlier posts, namely the DPF.
Old 21-08-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

You previously said you worked for a company that sold STEINBAUER chips, whats your take on them?

They are exy compared to the other I was looking at which is the bluespark pro with boost control which is boasting figures of 319bhp and 713nm torque I realise they probably pump the figures up a bit but how accurate are they generally?

What chips are good in your opinion?
Old 21-08-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 683 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANGLER View Post
You previously said you worked for a company that sold STEINBAUER chips, whats your take on them?

They are exy compared to the other I was looking at which is the bluespark pro with boost control which is boasting figures of 319bhp and 713nm torque I realise they probably pump the figures up a bit but how accurate are they generally?

In regards to the Steinbauer, many many maaaany people I know swear by them. A lot of these same people have had other chips and werent overly thrilled so took the plunge and spent a bit extra and are thrilled. You get what you pay for I guess

Old 21-08-2013
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANGLER View Post

Stienbauer are the bench mark no doubt. It adjust the fuel Injector pulse width
Not just fuel pressure like most modules. They are however expensive. I am currently testing a couple of different modules, the first one has failed due unsatisfactory output, the 2nd module is showing very good gains and looks to be matching the output I have witnessed with the Stienbauer, however the pricing will be substantially cheaper. I have two more cars to test this Friday before signing them off for us to stock and sell along with our exhaust systems. So far we have done my Jeep and we have a new BT50 to do as well as I have fitted one to a hilux tonight (on road performance is real promising) with dyno testing booked on Friday. The jeep came up really well on the dyno.

In terms of stated output... How do I put this? Most are Extreamly optimistic, the most I have ever seen from a chip is around 30kw at the wheels, typically you can expect 20% at best.

I sold Stienbauer for the best part of 3.5 years and sold DP before that.
Post New Thread  Reply