2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel BUY OR NOT TO BUY - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-11-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
On Hwy cruising my 2012 GC Diesel will run all day on 87 deg. Engine and 75 deg. Tranny.
Yep same for my MY13.
Old 01-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

Hi Guys,
My Jeep service manager told me that the parts supply situation for all Jeep models in Aus is not good.Jeep dealers are continually telling C-F Aus that things will have to improve to keep customer loyalty to the brand.!! Waiting 4-6 weeks for basic parts(My WH vehicle under warranty now 10 weeks !!) is an absolute joke.This applies to Wk parts as well.Be warned that even if you breakdown in your new WK, in a town with a Jeep dealer you may be in for a long wait.The brand is great but the parts supply situation is causing huge problems for Jeep dealers and their customers.
Old 01-12-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel BUY OR NOT TO BUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Hi Guys,
My Jeep service manager told me that the parts supply situation for all Jeep models in Aus is not good.Jeep dealers are continually telling C-F Aus that things will have to improve to keep customer loyalty to the brand.!! Waiting 4-6 weeks for basic parts(My WH vehicle under warranty now 10 weeks !!) is an absolute joke.This applies to Wk parts as well.Be warned that even if you breakdown in your new WK, in a town with a Jeep dealer you may be in for a long wait.The brand is great but the parts supply situation is causing huge problems for Jeep dealers and their customers.
If it's under warranty and they can't supply the parts to get you back on the road in a reasonable time, they legally have to supply you with an equivalent vehicle, people need to start insisting on this, it's consumer law, it will start to hurt CA's bottom line and in courage them to stock the parts they are legally suppose too
Old 01-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

HI yoda 42.
I agree entirely with your remarks ,plus am well aware of the Aus consumer laws.consequential damages etc.I have complained to CF on a number of occasions by email,plus actually spoke to a woman once in customer relations.never had any replies to emails the woman referred me back to dealer,this was in regard to a rental.Wouldnt give me a rental Didnt get anywhere at the dealer untill spoke to general service manager and basically told him after 3 jeeps this would be my last.He then said he would do me a favour by getting the parts out 4-5days airfreight.He understood fully the problem and said Jeep dealers were having a meeting in couple of weeks with CF re parts supply problem.NRMA tech told me its not only Jeep having this problem, he gets complaints every day from the public, panel beaters etc re other makes.All I can say to owners with similar problems is to immediately jump up and down ,threaten Jeep with consequential damages if part not available in a reasonable time and a tell the dealer you want a rental vehicle.But then who will decide what is reasonable time.!!!
Old 01-12-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel BUY OR NOT TO BUY

Don't forget to get it in writing, when they say parts are going to be X (e.g. 4 to 6 weeks), and get in writing why they won't give you a load car as the law requires, once you've got it in writing make an appointment with the dealer principle and ask him/her why you should not take this to the Motor Trades Association of Australia (MTAA) and the ACCC and state body. Remember reasonable time is what the average consumer thinks is reasonable not the dealer or Chrysler Aus, make noise in their service department when their busy, don't take no for an answer
Old 02-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Yoda 42.
I agree 100% with your comments.However having had a manufacturing business related to the auto industry for 30 years I can assure you that getting any of these Govt agencies.MTA etc to take up a cause is nigh on impossible.The only agency interested was Office of Fair Trading NSW who said to put the complaint in writing and they may investigate it.The NRMA told me there is no legal requirement for CF to carry a certain number of parts fastmoving or otherwise.My problems will hopefully be finalised with the fitment of a new fan this week if this does not fix the whine it is then onto the autotrans.!!This I have been told would involve CF techs to come up and drive it.Footnote.When the dealer put the new halfshaft (under warranty)in two weeks ago I advised them to put a new diff seal in ,not allowed was the reply, Guess what its now leaking.
Old 02-12-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jazzy,

I've got a 2011 Laredo petrol and also live in rural Queensland. My closest dealer is Mackay, around 2 hrs drive away. My advice would be this -

First of all avoid the Mackay dealership at all costs!

Secondly think long and hard about the distance to you're closest dealership. The combination of poor parts availability, poor customer service and long distances to a dealership can add up! Don't get me wrong the car has been brilliant and it hasn't had any problems that a Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi might get. The difference is there aren't that many Jeep dealers out our way and when it takes three weeks to get a power steering pump, shocks or other basic parts it really adds up. I am sure you realise you will be travelling in for scheduled servicing which is fine but don't forget if you have a problem you will have to take it in again to be diagnosed, then back again a few weeks later when the parts turn up. Also consider this scenario when travelling as happened to me in July. The power steering pump failed with the closest Jeep dealership 450Kms away. There was a Toyota dealership 25 klms down the road and when i pulled in to get him to look at it he told me he could have a power steering pump for a Prado tomorrow but as it was a Jeep i would need to go to a Jeep dealership.

The GC is a spectacular car let down by the Jeep support network. Have you ever tried reversing a camper trailer without power steering?

Anyway.....Good luck!

Last edited by nealie84; 03-12-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Support does not have an e in it...
Post New Thread  Reply