WJ Receiver/Drier / Accumulator Help - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2016
StaunStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

Are you not concerned that hychill is flammable?

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk
Old 21-03-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post

ran it in the wj (and still is and works really well) for over a year without it being touched , rand in the kj for same time . both cars are sold now and still both are running and work well , the main problem with AC ias leaks , and most shops seem to over charge the system , hychill only needs 30% of the actual weight, yes it is a lpg , but 240 (one tin)grams of it really is not enough to cause trouble , unless you are silly enough to run lines against the exhaust . and as long as you oil the o rings and oil the system it is far far colder and work quicker , works better than r134a , and can help to seal trouble spots. so 230 grams of minus 30 compared to 700 odd of r134a , helps fuel , engine stress , and gets colder ? why not ? and far cheaper .
I had a perfect system in my wj , until I got it recharged , paid 130 bucks for the system to be overcharged by gas and it blew out my hi/low pressure switch.
never again . I read up on it looked around for something that could be used rather than r134a , bought myself the tools , and never turned back since.
if it was like a fridge cool room of like 40 kg , yeah I would worry , but it is so little gas would be lucky if ever it did ignite to singe the eye brows.
Old 21-03-2016
StaunStar

How does the hychill help the fuel and engine stress?

Old 21-03-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ

Quote:

The A/C system holds only a few grams of Hi -Chill 30.......compared to about 70 litres of LPG in an Petrol/LPG vehicle.....and many more in pure LPG cars.....City taxis nearly ALL run on LPG.......I'm not aware of any explosions or fires in them.
Old 21-03-2016
Full Flexer

[QUOTE=fil;1571501]How does the hychill help the fuel and engine stress?

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Works at much, much lower pressures than R134a, so less pressure/wear and tear on all A/C components and less resistant to compression thus compressor doesn't have to work as hard, so neither does engine to run the compressor.

Plus major points are that gases under substantially lower pressures on both the high and low pressure sides of A/C system are less likely to leak out past joins and seal throughout the A/C system AND it chills much, much more than R134a, especially at high ambient temps so colder A/C output.

Less difficult to pump/compress by the compressor so engine works less hard, thus saves fuel.

It's a win/win situation all around.
Old 21-03-2016
StaunStar

Don't the LPG systems have a shut off valve/solenoid to prevent the the tank draining in an accident?

Old 21-03-2016
Full Flexer

Quote:
Don't the LPG systems have a shut off valve/solenoid to prevent the the tank draining in an accident?

I think only solenoid valves turn supply on/off with ignition or switch between fuels NOT a pressure sensitive safety valve.......plus you'd have to have a pretty serious accident to breach the galv steel gas tanks.
Post New Thread  Reply