New Jeep Owner - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-01-2005
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hope you enjoy your new Jeep.
What state are you from ?
Old 23-01-2005
Silver Rennie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

G'day,
Perth
Suburb called Port Kennedy.
Old 24-01-2005
Silver Rennie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Guy's 225km on the clock and I'm about to start and cry. A problem with the Jeep already. I picked the car up late on Friday and on my way home I could hear a faint clicking sound coming from the front on the vehicle towards the centre of my console. You can hardly hear the sound at 80km+(but still their) but as you start slowing down you can clearly hear it until you slow down to about 5km/h. I put the car in N and revd the car and no sound. This is only while driving. Went to Jeep at 8am today and went for a test drive with a tech. Yep he could clearly hear it. He said it was coming from the front drive line. The car is booked for it's 1000km service on Monday next week and they will be looking at this. The tech was saying that it could be something that they overlooked during the pre-check on delivery. Got the car with 16km on the clock so I'm hoping he knows what he's talking about. I went and saw the Guy that sold me the car and told him. His face just went white. I was polite and calm but inside I was ready to kill someone but again just remaind calm. I think being pushy and going crazy won't solve anything.
Will let you know how I go next week.
Cheers.
Old 26-01-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pzver...welcome to the Jeep world, assuming you havnt had one before....I am an 'old' XJ owner and if you get half as good a run out of your KJ as I have then that smile will be there for sometime....dont let any of these other Jeep freaks on here convince you that you have to modify the hell out of it...at least get it run in first!
Again, welcome to the group and get that camera clicking.
Old 27-01-2005
Silver Rennie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers, No the Jeep will remain stock for a while but will put it through its paces to see what it can do. Never had a Jeep or any 4WD before so this is all new to me. Just added a pic above but could only attach it to a previous post.
Peter
Old 27-01-2005
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

looks like a sweet ride

Pzver

fouros
Old 27-01-2005
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

That's really nice. I love the wheel arches and the alloys on the Renegade, I wonder what it would cost to fit them to mine...

The first minor modifications I'd recommend are a set of decent All-Terrain (at least) tyres and removing the rear mudflaps, before a strategically placed rock removes them for you! But even without that you'll be amazed what it can do straight out of the box. My KJ was the first 4x4 I've ever owned and I couldn't believe the stuff you can just point it at and drive through.

When I picked up my new KJ the air-con didn't work. Fortunately it was the middle of winter and it only (!) took 3 months, 4 trips to the service department and a couple of calls to the service manager to get it fixed. Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeep!
Post New Thread  Reply