Colin McRae Dead.. - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-09-2007
Sticker Ninja!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was shocked to hear this. It's a sad loss

RIP
Old 17-09-2007
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

very sad news he was a superstar who gave it his all behind the wheel, was great to watch him going flat out till he crashed, broke something or won
Old 18-09-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Weird coincidence..

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/17/p...pter-survives/

"It's been a terrible week in the sky. After 1995 World Rally Champion Colin McRae, his son, and two others died in a crash, hours later, Prodrive chief executive David Richards had to crash land his helicopter. Richards, who led Prodrive to its acquisition of Aston Martin earlier in the year, was unhurt while making the emergency landing. 1981 World Rally Champ Ari Vatanen actually called Richards on the phone to tell him about McRae, but decided to wait until Richards landed before breaking the news."

"Independent of the level of skill of the pilot, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of crashes by famous people piloting their own aircraft (John Denver, McRae, John F. Kennedy Jr., Jack Roush, to name a few) vs. flying commercial. It may be time for famous people to hang up their bomber jackets in the name of personal safety, and get in line with the rest of us."

[Source: Bandbury Guardian]
Old 19-09-2007
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

woody 313 yes you can have your opinion however I think there is a time and a different place for it... If you really care about famous people and there flying skills why don't you start a school called hollywood learn to fly, it would kill the pig.... Light aircraft lic are not obtained from a pack of special K. Who are you to jude these peoples abilities, you don't know them or what training they have done.

It s a statistical fact like you pointed out where people travel in mechanical vehicles there will be crashes, in the case of private light aircraft its only the rich who own them so how is some hill billy gonna crash one for you to stop getting stuck into the rich..... Just like a boat a car a train or walking to work there is a risk and unfortunately the result can be death...

Oh 1 more thing, im sure out of anyone McRae would be more then capable of handling a chopper considering he can throw a 300hp rally car around a ice covered alpine rd.....
Old 19-09-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chill dude, just thought that story was a weird coincidence thats all, on the same day and all, that was relevant to the subject at hand.

Flying skills?? What are you on about?
I'm talking mechanical failure, which in a chopper means that skill counts for little or nothing in some circumstances, skill is zero without control, just look at all the peacetime military crashes.
I NEVER bagged anybody's skill and certainly not McRae's, I'm sure he was as good a chopper pilot as he was a driver.

No I wont start a flying school but I might host some reading comprehension classes, you can be my first pupil.
Old 20-09-2007
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Come on guys lighten up, it's times like this we should all rally together

How about a PEARL NECKLACE TASAR...MMMMMMM
Post New Thread  Reply