Rubicon or Not? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-02-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
dont get me wrong wranglertj i would have loved the rubi for all the reasons you mentioned but for me a diesel was the only option with at least an hours drive between towns if the servo is shut ten your ownly option is to buy fuel from a cocky and they have diesel it is almost a nessesay if you want to play offroad if you stick to just the roads then it doesnt matter to much out here but that wasnt what i brought it for i want to play so a diesel it was and slowly speck it up may not be the same as a rubicon but it will be better than stock which i must say is still the best standard car i have ever driven offroad (havent driven a rubicon off road) the sport is deffinately no slouch
and just out of interest i am getting 11.6l/100 in town down from 12.4 now i got rid of the muffler
Tiny how much extra noise if any do you notice with mufler gone and did you just extend tailpipe to rear at same point pics if possible please
Old 26-02-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeptheone View Post
ksk,

Coming to the realisation that the Sport CRD will be the one I will go for. After driving the 3.0 CRD in the Grand and loving it the I would only get another CRD even though there will be a noticable power difference.

Thanks for all the comments.

JTO
Youlle be surprised with the power mate...its got 460NM torque compared to your 510, but then there is also a noticable weight difference...My mates got a WRX and i took off after him and his jaw dropped at how quick the CRD is off the mark...Add a freeflow tailpipe and you add another 15-20 horses....and take the torque up to 480/490... MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER...it will probably go better than the grand...

KSK

"Let your pistons do the Torquing"
Old 26-02-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Is there any valid reason why Jeep wouldn't drop the diesel into the Rubi?
Old 26-02-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Is there any valid reason why Jeep wouldn't drop the diesel into the Rubi?
the same reason you cant buy a crd in the US and the diesel rubicon is available in Europe the do strange things

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 26-02-2008
pink bits r good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
Tiny how much extra noise if any do you notice with mufler gone and did you just extend tailpipe to rear at same point pics if possible please
i undid the clamp at the back of the muffler and slid the pipe off then fought with the rubber muffler mounts for a bit to get it out i then whent to a muffler place and got them to do a straight extention that slides over and a clamp so i can put the can on if i need to for rego the noise you would not know it didnt have a muffler if you had not heard the car before it is slightly deeper and you can here the turbo a little more when you back off
on standard tyres in second gear the turbo kcking in will chirp the tyres and on dirt in third it will totaly loose tracion it totaly caught me by surprise on both oh them

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 26-02-2008
pink bits r good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglertj View Post
Hope it didnt sound like i was criticising your choice, as that certainly wasnt my intention as the sport is still one very capable machine but my only point was up specing to a rubicon is not as simple and cheap as people make it out to be. Especially when your talking diffs and low range gearing.
About the muffler bit that sounds great as i want to do the same thing
i thought i might have affended you it seems the crd drivers bag the rubicon all the time but it is not meant that way
just love talking about my car and that is the one i know

Old 26-02-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After seeing how your GC performed at cityview, I'd be keeping it and modding some more.

Another two inches lift, 32's or 33's front and rear bars, and some rails.

I reckon it would be a bee's di(k behind a JK in terms of off road ability, the price difference (after you loose on re-sale, and buy the new one)

And it'll be something different. How many Grand Cherokee Rubicons do you see........

Or...I'll swap ya for the TJ
Post New Thread  Reply