Best Brisbane dealer? (I've tried search) - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V82xist View Post
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a JK Wrangler and I'm in Brisbane.
Can anyone recommend a dealer or let me know any to steer clear of please.
I'm considering Leo Muller on Logan Rd or Albion Chrysler at the moment.
I appreciate your help.
Cheers.

Welcome to the forum V82xist (could you have made that any harder!)

The best advice I could give would be:

Go to your local Jeep Dealer.
Dealerships are just like any other business's, They're only as good as the people who work there.
I'd reccomend calling first to make an appointment, this way the Sales Person should be prepared for when you arrive. Also be prepared yourself, i.e. allow plenty of time to allow the sales person to show you the options/differences, test drive the vehicle, the negotiation process, financing options etc...
After many years in the game I can tell you that some of the advice posted here will not get you a better deal. Being polite and honest, with reasonable expectations, and being prepared to be flexible will see you achieve what you want.
At the end of the day, if you feel that you have been treated poorly, or you couldn't reach an agreement on price/colour/delivery time, whatever.
You have the option of saying "no thanks" and then going elsewhere.
What most people don't realise is that the average "dumb arse" sales person has probably been in the industry less than 12 months, hasn't recieved enough training, (or poor training), works 60 hours a week for less than $600, and is under huge pressure to sell. The main reason people leave the industry is having to deal with ar5sholes giving them grief and basically treating them like mangy dogs. I've hired and fired dozens of sales people, and lost some really honest nice people who state exactly that.
I'm not defending the dodgy, arrogant sales people out there, (and you shouldn't have to put up with that) I'm just trying to point out that if you The Customer are nice to deal with, (I'd put money on it) you will get good service and a good deal on the new car.
And, despite what the experts here reckon. There is no magic "discount price" or "best Price" or "cash Price"....
There is a price they pay for the "stock", and a Recommended Retail Price.
Any discounts will be between these two fixed amounts. Variables include things like factory rebates (you won't know this), how many of the particular vehicle are in stock (not likely on a JK), how long it's been in stock (it costs to keep stock) and then things like sales targets etc... come into it.
But the biggest influence is YOU , you are dealing with people, and if they like you, makes sense that they'll look after you.

that's way to heavy for a Saturday morning!

Last edited by OIIIO; 12-07-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2008
I LOVE MY JK WRANGLER

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

I bought my JK at Holland Park, and have had dealings with the service department both at Mt Gravatt & Albion. I've also dealt with Gold Coast Jeep (James Frizelles).

All I will say is take the drive outside of Brisbane if you want to experience true customer service.
Old 12-07-2008
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auscruiser View Post
All I will say is take the drive outside of Brisbane if you want to experience true customer service.

WTF has location got to do with it?

Are you prepared to write off every Jeep Sales Person in Brisbane?
Old 12-07-2008
Mud bucket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

..i've had good and bad experiences with both. Will depend on the day, the person, the gravitational pull of the moon.
Old 12-07-2008
I LOVE MY JK WRANGLER

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post
WTF has location got to do with it?

Are you prepared to write off every Jeep Sales Person in Brisbane?
From my experience with Jeep dealerships in Brisbane overall - not just the sales staff - yes. I wouldn't buy another Jeep, or Chrysler, or Dodge, from any of the Leo Muller Dealerships in Brisbane.

Sales experience - Fair
Delivery Experience - Extremely Poor
After Sales Experience - Non Existant
Service Experience - Very Poor

On the other hand - I have dealt with the Gold Coast dealership twice - on both occasions I commented to my wife what a much better experience it was to deal with them. I know where I'll be going when I want to buy my next Jeep.
Old 12-07-2008
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auscruiser View Post
From my experience with Jeep dealerships in Brisbane overall - not just the sales staff - yes. I wouldn't buy another Jeep, or Chrysler, or Dodge, from any of the Leo Muller Dealerships in Brisbane.

Sales experience - Fair
Delivery Experience - Extremely Poor
After Sales Experience - Non Existant
Service Experience - Very Poor

On the other hand - I have dealt with the Gold Coast dealership twice - on both occasions I commented to my wife what a much better experience it was to deal with them. I know where I'll be going when I want to buy my next Jeep.

You do know that there are other Jeep Dealers in Brisbane.

I agree, you have to go where you feel that they appreciate yur business.

But, you can't generalise on ALL Dealerships.

Normally, your local dealer should go out of their way to gain your business. If not, ask why?
Old 16-07-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default look no further I have the truth for you

I looked around for a while and got stuffed around by sales people from Suncoast (worst car dealership in the universe ) and brisbane dealerships were not much better, i can tell you categorically if you are after a dealer who is super professional take the drive down the highway and speak with no one else but Zac at tweed jeep, he is an absolute professional, I was happy to pay but now that jk's have been out for a while I am sure he will look after you. Being in sales myself I really appreciated how easy it was to deal with him.....and no I do not work for tweed jeep.
Post New Thread  Reply